2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility to join NCC?

As you want to know the eligibility to join NCC after passing 10th so, as per your qualification you can get job in the post of Junior wing, Senior wing.

Here for you I am providing you the eligibility for Junior wing, Senior wing.

Junior wing eligibility:

Candidates should be in class 8-10 with age limits 13-181/2

Senior wing eligibility:

Candidates should be in class 10 or 1st year of graduation with maximum age limit is 26 upto which you can work in NCC.

There are two types of exams conducted by NCC

Certificate A

Candidates must have attended 75% of training sessions and should not maintain more than 18 months gap for enrolling the entrance test.

Candidates need to attend at least one training program in every year.

Certificate B

Candidates should be having 75% attendance in training sessions. You should not be having more than 18 months gap for the examination.

Candidates must attend at least one training program in the year.

I think that this will helpful to you……..
20th May 2015, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi I want to join Indian Army NCC so tell me the eligibility criteria required to join this?
21st May 2015, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Indian Army recruits vacancies through NCC Special Entry Scheme 33rd Course-April 2013 Short Service Commission (NT) for Men & Women.

Indian Army NCC Eligibility criteria-

Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age Limit:

Age must be between 19 years to 25 years.

Education Qualification:

Graduate Degree from recognized University or any equivalent qualification with aggregate of minimum 50% marks and minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.

Physical Standard:

Height and Weight:

The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms.

Visual Standards:

The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women

Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure

A healthy retina.

Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of: ± 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.

Axial length within permissible limits.

Physical Fitness Standards at OTA:

(a) Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
(b) Push Ups-13 Nos.
(c) Sit Ups-25 Nos.
(d) Chin Ups 6 Nos.
(e) Rope Climbing 3-4 Meters.
21st September 2016, 06:06 PM
SACHIN DEOLI

I am in 4th yr of btech and i want to join NCC but i dont have any certificate like A , B or C
so, for me what is the way to join ;;; plzzz tell
15th November 2019, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for NCC (National Cadet Corps) Special Entry Scheme for Indian Army as I want to check if I am eligible for it or not?
15th November 2019, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Army recruits vacancies through NCC (National Cadet Corps) Special Entry Scheme for Men & Women. The following are eligibility details.

Eligibility Details:

One must be a citizen of India.

The minimum age limit would be 19 years and maximum age limit would be 25 years

One must possess Graduate Degree from recognized University or any equivalent qualification with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years and minimum of B Grade in C Certificate Exam of NCC.

Physical Standard:

Height and Weight:
The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. With co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg.
One belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalies, Assamies and Garhwalis, the height will relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height.
For one from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.

Visual Standards:

The minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse eye 6/18, myopia of not more than minus 3.50 for men and 5.50 for women including astigmatism and one who has undergone or has the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected and also one aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error is considered for commission in Army if they fulfil following criteria.

(i) Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure done for. Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure
(ii) A healthy retina.
(iii) Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of: 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
(iv) Axial length within permissible limits.

Physical Fitness Standards at OTA:

One should exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy.
To adjust to the regime, one is advised to achieve following standard before joining the OTA, if finally selected:-
(a) Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes
(b) Push Ups-13 Nos.
(c) Sit Ups-25 Nos.
(d) Chin Ups 6 Nos.
(e) Rope Climbing 3-4 Meters.

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in