2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th December 2014, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Re: EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status

If you are a candidate who does not belong to Andhra Pradesh, you cannot seek admission through EAMCET.

EAMCET is conducted by JNTU Hyderabad for granting admission to following courses

Engineering Category (E)
B.E. / B.Tech.
B.Tech.(Ag. Engg.)
B.Tech.(Food Science & Technology)
B.Sc.(CA & BM) (M.P.C.)
B.Pharm (M.P.C.)
Pharm-D (M.P.C.)
B.Tech.(Bio-Technology) (M.P.C.)
B.Tech.(Dairy Technology)

EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status
For detailed information , here is the attachment.........
Attached Files
File Type: doc EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status.doc (42.5 KB, 1791 views)
28th February 2015, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

I am looking for EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status so please provide me the details of same? Also give details about EAMCET?
28th February 2015, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

EAMCET (Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test) is an entrance examination required for admission to some engineering and medical colleges in Andhra Pradesh, India. Colleges offering graduation courses like BDS, B.Pharm., BSc., Pharm.D, B.E, B. Tech, etc. require qualification in this exam.

EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status:

Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must have pass in intermediate examination or registered for intermediate public examination (10 + 2 ) and diploma conducted by the A.P. Board of Intermediate Education, with appropriate optional subjects or its equivalent.

Candidates should belong to the State of Andhra Pradesh as defined in the A.P. Educational Institutions (regulations for admission).

There is no upper age limit for Medical and Engineering aspirants to take EAMCET.

Special Reservation:

Physically handicapped (PH):
3% horizontal reservation in each category (OC/BC/SC/ST) for Visually Handicapped/Hearing Impaired/Orthopaedically Handicapped (each 1%)

Children of Armed Personnel (CAP):
2% for the children of Armed Personnel i.e. Ex-Servicemen, Defence Personnel including the children of Border Security Force (BSF) and the Central Reserve Police (CRPF),who are permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh are only eligible to claim this reservation.

National Cadet Corps (NCC):
1% for National Cadet Corps Candidates

Sports & Games (SP):
0.5% for Sports and Games candidates.

For Women:
There shall be reservation of 33% i.e. 1/3rd of the seats in favor of women candidates in each course and in each category (OC/SC/ST/BC/CAP/NCC/SP/PH). This reservation shall not be applicable if women candidates are selected on merit in each category even if it exceeds 33%.

Qualifying marks for EAMCET:
Qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25%, i.e., 40 out of 160. However, for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, no minimum qualifying mark is prescribed.

List of Colleges under EAMCET is following:
Andhra University (AU region)
Osmania University (OU region)
Sri Venkateswara University (SVU region)
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU region)
Mak College of pharmacy
10th June 2017, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I did my ssc in other state however rest of all studies i to viii and inter done in AP.

What is locality status?

Local or non local
29th October 2019, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me if it is compulsory that one must satisfy Local / Non-Local Residential status requirements for applying for TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test)?
29th October 2019, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is compulsory that one must satisfy Local / Non-Local Residential status requirements for applying for TS EAMCET (Telangana State Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test).

TS EAMCET Eligibility Criteria

Nationality

One must be of Indian Nationality. Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders are also eligible.

Age Limit
One must have completed 16 years of age at the time of admission. There is no upper age limit.
However, in case of B. Tech (Dairy Technology), B. Tech (Ag Engineering) and B. Tech (FT) candidates should have completed 17 years of age and an upper age limit of 22 years and 25 years in respect of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.

Domicile Requirements
One should belong to the state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh. Candidates must satisfy Local / Non-Local status requirements.

Academic Qualification
One must have qualified their 10+2 (or equivalent) exam with Maths, Physics and Chemistry as optional or related vocational courses in the fields of Engineering and Technology.

Marks Required
One must have obtained 45% marks as an aggregate (40% marks for reserved category).

Documents to be submitted for Verification for Counselling

TS EAMCET Rank Card
TS EAMCET Hall Ticket
Aadhaar Card
S.S.C or its Equivalent Marks Memo
6th Standard to Inter Study Certificates
Transfer Certificate (TC)
Intermediate or its equivalent Memo-cum-Pass Certificate.
Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Residential Certificate of either parent in Telangana for a period of 10 years in case of Non-Local Candidates.
Category Certificate (if applicable)
Income Certificate
24th March 2022, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Will you please provide the information regarding the EAMCET Local and Non-Local Status?
I studied from 1st class to 10th class in Hyderabad and Intermediate in Visakhapatnam (AP) what is my status in Telangana.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in