2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th April 2016, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

DU MBA Syllabus

Can you provide me the syllabus of MBA to Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Development) subject of DU (Delhi University) as I want to check it before taking admission in it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
LIC Exam Syllabus DSE AAO Syllabus
Exam pattern of GATE and syllabus of GATE syllabus of Electrical Engineering
WBUT syllabus BBA syllabus
WBUT Ac Syllabus MBA Old Syllabus
4th April 2016, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: DU MBA Syllabus

The syllabus of MBA to Master of Business Administration (Human Resource Development) subject of DU (Delhi University) is as follows:

Semester I

Course 111: GENERAL MANAGEMENT

Marks: 100 (Theory = 70, Internal Assessment = 30)

Contents:
Unit I- Introduction: Concept, Nature, Process and Significance of Management; Managerial Roles (Mintzberg); An Overview of Functional areas of Management- Marketing, Finance, Production, HRM, IT, R&D; Development of Management Thought- Classical, Neo -classical, System and Contingency Approaches.

Unit II -Planning and Control: Concept, Process and Types; Decision -making concept and process; Bounded rationality; Management by objectives; Corporate Planning- Environment analysis and Diagnosis, Strategy Formulations; Managerial Control- Concept and process; Designing an Effective Control System; Techniques - Traditional and Modern (PERT and CPM).

Unit III-Organising: Concept, nature, process and significance; Authority and Responsibility relationships Delegation, Decentralisation; Departmentation basis and formats (Project and Matrix); Formal and Informal Organisation; Changing patterns in Organisation structures in the Knowledge economy.

Unit IV-Directing: Motivating and Leading People at work- basic concepts; Communication- nature, process, networks and barriers; Effective Communication.

Unit V-International Management Practices: A comparative study of management practices in India, Japan, USA and China with particular reference to Planning, Organising, Directing, Staffing and Controlling; Recent developments in the field of Management in a global perspective.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf DU MBA Syllabus.pdf (235.7 KB, 77 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in