2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Doha Metro Railway Project

Hello sir, I am Hasan Al Birad. I am from Doha. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Doha Metro railway project. Can you give me some details about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Surat Metro Railway
Metro Railway Brio
Metro South Railway
Metro Railway Bharti
RRB Metro Railway
Metro railway jaipur
Metro Railway Hyd Jobs
Gujarat Metro Railway
Sydney Metro Railway
Map of metro railway
Delhi Metro Railway
Kerala Metro Railway
Railway Recruitment Cell Metro Railway
Metro Railway Philippines
Job Opening in Metro Railway
Metro Railway in Nagpur
Dubai Metro Railway
Which Is The First Metro Railway In India
Nova Metro Railway
Metro Railway Construction Act
26th February 2016, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Doha Metro Railway Project

As you have asked details about the Doha Metro Railway project, I am giving you information regarding that
The Doha Metro is the most prominent and visible project. It will serve both the capital and the suburbs with all major locations within easy and convenient reach. Most of the Doha Metro lines will be underground,

Doha Metro is a planned rapid transit system in Qatar's capital city that is scheduled to become operational by the end of 2019.

It will have four lines with an approximate overall length of 300 km and 100 stations.

It will be an integral component of the larger Qatar Rail network, which will include a long-distance rail for passengers and freight, linking Qatar to the GCC, and Lusail's city local light rail transit (LRT)

The metro system will be built in two phases: the first will see the construction of three out of the four lines (Red, Gold, and Green) and 37 stations.
These lines are expected to be open to the public in late 2019.

The second phase will be completed by 2026, and will involve the expansion of the phase one lines, and the construction of an additional one – the Blue Line.

Another 72 stations will also be built.

Stations play an important part – both practically and culturally – of any metro system. Architecturally, the stations will reflect the heritage of the country, with a ‘vaulted spaces’ design inspired by traditional Bedouin tents.

The largest station, Msheireb, will fall at the heart of the Doha Metro with the Red, Green and Gold lines all meeting at this point.

Technology:

Rolling stock
The 75 three-car driverless trainsets for the metro system will be supplied jointly by Japanese companies Mitsubishi Corporation and Kinki Sharyo

Signalling, telecommunication and security system
Thales of France will supply the train control signalling, telecoms, a security system, an operations control centre and an automatic fare collection system

Track and power supply
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries will supply the track and power supply

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in