2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

21st December 2015, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Do MBA in USA

I have done graduation degree and now I want to do MBA in USA so can you please tell me the requirements for MBA in USA?
21st December 2015, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Do MBA in USA

The USA is considered as the mecca of the MBA programs. The MBA programs in the US provide students an opportunity to study in an exciting international environment along with students from diverse cultural background who join the US universities.

The MBA program in the US also imbibes various soft skills like team building, leadership, entrepreneurial, decision making etc.

MBA requirements in USA-

Undergraduate Degree:

Almost all US universities require 16 years of undergraduate education.

Four years of education after High School/Junior College.

If you have a three year degree from an Australian, Indian, New Zealand university or such similar three year degree programs, you will not be eligible for admission to most MBA programs.

If you have completed a three-year degree program like BSc, BA, BCom, then do a Post Graduate degree like MSc, MA or Mcom, before applying to business schools in USA.

Work Experience:

Most US universities recommend/require a minimum of two to three years of work experience.

Though some universities may accept you without any work experience, preference will be given to candidates with work experience.

GMAT:

GMAT is required for almost all universities in US.

It is also one of the most important criteria for admissions.

TOEFL:

This is required by almost all universities in US.

It is a fairly simple exam for most students who have studied in English medium throughout.

The minimum scores required for most universities range from 550 to 600 on the paper based TOEFL and 213 to 250 on the computer based TOEFL.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in