2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th November 2014, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Difference CS or M.Com

Ok, you want to know the best course from CS and M.Com so here I am providing you the difference between these course.

CS-

It stands for Company Secretary Ship. A company secretary is a senior position in a private company or public organization.
Company Secretary Ship is the course conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). 12th is the mini qualification required for this course.

CS specialized fields are –
Company law
Tax laws
Labour laws
Economic laws

Study fields in CS includes –

English and Business Communication
Economics and Statistics
Financial Accounting

M.Com-

M.Com. or Master of Commerce is a postgraduate degree It is a two years program. Graduation is the mini qualification required for this exam.

The Master degree course covers the study of principles of accounting, economic theory, micro and macroeconomics, money and banking systems, knowledge about business, trade and its characteristics and policies involved, etc.

Master of Commerce Employment Areas-

Various Corporate Sectors in their Marketing and Accounts Sections
Finance, Commerce and the Banking Sectors
Research Associates with Economic Consulting Firms
Economic Consulting Jobs
Customs Department
Import / Export Companies
Indian Civil Services
Indian Statistical Services
Indian Economic Services
Insurance Industry

So I think both the course are best now it is up to you that which course is best for you and you are eligible for which course.
1st March 2016, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want ton know that what is the difference between the CS or M.Com so can you tell me the same
1st March 2016, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hey buddy both courses i.e. CS or M.Com are the courses which can be pursued by the commegefce graduate ansd as you want the differee so below I amg ivng you the details of the both the courses

CS-Company Secretary

A Company secretary deals with Business Accounts.

Company secretaries generally work office jobs from 9am to 5pm.

The Company Secretary (CS) is a professional course which is conducted by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).

To become a Company Secretary, the candidates need to pass the Foundation Programme, Executive Programme, and Professional Programm

You are required to travel from the head office of the firm they work at to all divisions to see that no day to day operations are contradicting the law.

You can be experts in Business Accounts.

You can be placed in any company as Secretary for the Accounts section.

M.Com - Master of Commerce:

As a M.Com ,you are in the commerce Graduation.

As a postgraduate degree in commerce you can continue with specialty in accounting, economics, finance or book keeping .

Anyone who is looking for a career opportunity in public sector after M.Com can join various nationalized banks like State Bank of India, Union Bank of India etc as Probationary Officer or Customer Relationship Executive

Career options

Accountant
Book Keeper
Cashier
Financial Analyst
Mutual Fund Broker
Budget Analyst
Internal Auditor
Securities Analyst

M.Com graduates can join State Bank of India as probationary officer and earn up to Rs. 25, 000/- per month. For that, they should qualify the written test and interview held for probationary officer by State Bank of India (SBI)

Also you can go for Auditing for any personel concern or for the company.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in