2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd December 2014, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Details of PSU Exams for Engineering Job

PSU’s Recruit the candidate through GATE exam.

Eligibility Criteria for GATE exam:

Candidates must have applied and appeared for GATE exam in their respective branch of study.

GATE Registration No. requires while applying for the PSU Recruitment .

Details of PSU Recruitment:

ONGC Ltd.
Start of online application:
January 2015

Last date for submission of application:
January, 2015

Coal India Ltd
Start of online application
December 2014

December, 2014

CEL
Start of Online Application Form:
December 18, 2014

Last Date for submission of Application:
January 15, 2015

NHPC Limited
January 1, 2015

January 31, 2015

BPCL Limited
December 17, 2014

January 30, 2015

IndianOil
December 17, 2014

February 21, 2015

OWERGRID
January 15, 2015

February 27, 2015
5th January 2016, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am currently in my final year of engineering, can you tell me how can I get jobs in PSU’s. Also tell about its exam pattern
5th January 2016, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertaking. This is used for companies that work under the government means government is a major shareholder in such companies.
PSU’s hire Engineering graduates. For it, the applicants are asked to appear for written test which is trailed by interview, though not all companies follow this type of pattern.
Some companies select candidates according to their GATE scores. They consider GATE score with written test. Therefore I will urge you to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering before applying for the job in any PSU company.
Each company release a separate notification for jobs. You will have to go through notification of each company and see whether there are vacancies for your stream. Only then you can apply for the job.
As you want to know about the pattern
GATE exam Pattern:
GATE 2016 may contain questions of two different types:
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer.
(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Sections include:
Engineering Mathematics
General Aptitude
Questions regarding Subject of Paper
List of PSU’s where you can get jobs are:
BHEL
BEL
NTPC
IOCL
MTNL
ISRO
BSNL
HAL
DRDO
ECIL
ONGC
NALCO
SAIL
BPCL
HPCL
6th January 2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am currently in my final year of engineering, can you tell me how can I get jobs in PSU’s. Also tell about its exam pattern
6th January 2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

PSU stands for the Public Sector Undertaking. This is used for companies that work under the government means government is a major shareholder in such companies.
PSU’s hire Engineering graduates. For it, the applicants are asked to appear for written test which is trailed by interview, though not all companies follow this type of pattern.
Some companies select candidates according to their GATE scores. They consider GATE score with written test. Therefore I will urge you to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering before applying for the job in any PSU company.
Each company release a separate notification for jobs. You will have to go through notification of each company and see whether there are vacancies for your stream. Only then you can apply for the job.
As you want to know about the pattern

GATE exam Pattern:
GATE 2016 may contain questions of two different types:
(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer.

(ii) Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions.
Sections include:
Engineering Mathematics
General Aptitude
Questions regarding Subject of Paper

List of PSU’s where you can get jobs are:

BHEL
BEL
NTPC
IOCL
MTNL
ISRO
BSNL