2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th January 2017, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Detailed Syllabus Of AMIETE-CS

Ok, here I am providing you the syllabus of Computer Science & Engineering (CS) of AMIETE IETE Examination

AMIETE IETE Examination of Computer Science & Engineering (CS) syllabus-

For all theory subjects the Question Paper contains

10 objective questions for 20 marks covering the complete syllabus

8 questions are from each unit and each question carries 16 marks.(except communication skills)

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS – I

UNIT I

PARTIAL DIFFERENTIATION AND ITS APPLICATION 08 hrs
Introduction to function of two or more variables; Partial derivatives; Homogeneous
functions – Euler’s theorem; Total derivatives; Differentiation of Implicit functions;
change of variables; Jacobians; properties of Jacobians; Taylor’s theorem for functions
of two variables (only statement); Maxima and Minima of functions of two variables;
Lagrange’s Method of undetermined Multipliers; Rule of differentiation under integral
sign.
I (5.1, 5.2, 5.4, 5.5 (1), 5.5 (2), 5.6, 5.7 (1), 5.7 (2), 5.11 (1), 5.11 (2), 5.12, 5.13)

UNIT II

MULTIPLE INTEGRALS 08 hrs
Introduction to Double Integrals; Evaluation of Double Integrals; Evaluation of Double
Integrals in polar coordinates; change of order of integration; Triple Integrals; Evaluation
of Triple Integrals; Area by Double Integration; volume as Double Integral; volume as
Triple Integral.Improer integrals,Gamma and Beta function.
I (7.1,7.2,7.3,7.4,7.5,7.6(1),7.6(2),7.7,7.14,7.15,7 .16)

UNIT III

LINEAR ALGEBRA 07 hrs
Introduction to determinants and matrices; Elementary row operations on a matrix: Rank
of a matrix: Consistency of system of linear equation; Gauss elimination and Gauss
Jordan Methods to solve system of Linear equations; Eigen Values and Eigen Vectors of
Matrix; Properties of Eigen values; Solution of a system of linear equations.
I (2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 2.8 (1), 2.8 (2), 2.11 (1), 28.6(1), 28.6(2) 2.14 (1), 2.15, 28.6 (1))

UNIT IV

NUMERICAL METHODS 07 hrs
Introduction; Solution of algebraic and transcendental equations; Regula – falsi method;
Newton- Raphson method; Numerical solution of ordinary differential equation; Taylor’s
Series method; Euler’s Method; Modified Euler’s Method; IV order Runge Kutta method;
Gauss – Siedel Method to solve system of linear equations; Power method to obtain the
dominant Eigen value of a Matrix and its corresponding Eigen Vector.
I (28.1, 28.2 (2), 28.2(3),28.3,32.1,32.3,32.4,32.5,32.7,28.7(2),28.9 )

UNIT V

LINEAR DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS OF HIGHER ORDER 07 hrs
Definition and General form of Linear differential equation of higher order; the operator
D; complete solution of Linear differential equation as a sum of complementary function
(C.F) and particular integral (P.I); Rules for finding the complementary function; the
inverse operator 1/f (D); Rules for finding Particular integral; method of variation of
parameter to find the Particular integral; Cauchy and Legendre Homogenous Linear
equations; Simultaneous Linear equations with constant coefficients.
I (13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.4, 13.5, 13.6, 13.7, 13.8, 13.9, 13.11)

UNIT VI

SERIES SOLUTION OF DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS AND SPECIAL FUNCTION
08 hrs
Series solution of Differential equations (Method of Frobenius); Validity of series
solution; series solution when X=0 is an ordinary point of the equation; series solution
when X=0 is a regular singularity of the equation.
Bessel equation-Bessel functions Equations Reducible to Bessel’s equation
Orthogonality of Bessel functions; Legendre’s differential equation; Legendre
Polynomials; Rodrigue’s formula; Orthogonality of Legendre polynomials.
I (16.1,16.2,16.3,16.4,16.5,16.10,16.11,16.13,16.14, 16.17)

UNIT VII

FOURIER SERIES 07 hrs

Introduction,Euler’s formulae,conditions for Fourier expansion,Functions having points of
discontinuity,change of interval,Even and Odd functions,Half range series,Practical
Harmonic Analysis.
I (10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6(1), 10.7, 10.11)

UNIT VIII

FOURIER TRANSFORMS AND Z-TRANSFORMS 08 hrs

Introduction,Fourier Integral theorem(only statement),Infinite complex complex Fourier
Transforms,Proporties of complex Fourier Transforms,Convolution theorem of complex
Fourier Transforms,Parseval’s indentity.Infinite Fourier sine and Cosine Transform.
Introduction to Z-Transform,Definition,some standard Z-Transforms,Linearity
property,Damping rule,Shifting rule,Inverse Z-Transforms,Application of Z-Transformsto
solve Difference equations.
I (22.1 to 22.7 and 23.1 to 23.7,23.15,23.16)

Text Book:

I. Higher Engineering Mathematics, Dr. B.S.Grewal, 41st Edition 2012, Khanna
publishers, Delhi.

Reference books:

1. Advanced Engineering Mathematics, H.K. Dass, 17th Revised Edition 2007, S.Chand
& Company Ltd, New Delhi.
2. Text book of Engineering Mathematics, N.P. Bali and Manish Goyal, 8th Edition 2011,
Laxmi Publication (P) Ltd
Note: Students have to answer FIVE full questions out of EIGHT questions to be set
from each unit carrying 16 marks.
AC 102 COMPUTER CONCEPTS & C PROGRAMMING

UNIT I

INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER SYSTEMS 07 hrs

Introduction, The computer defined, Basic parts and structure of computer system,
Categorizing computers, Information processing life cycle, Essential computer hardware,
Essential computer software, Input device, Inputting data in other ways, Output devices.
I (1.1, 1.2, 1.4 to 1.11)

UNIT II

STORAGE DEVICE CONCEPTS, OPERATING SYSTEMS AND NETWORK 08 hrs
Introduction, Number systems and computer codes, Central processing unit,
Motherboard, Storage media, Software, Operating system, Computer processing
techniques, Memory management techniques, Computer networks.
I (2)

UNIT III

FUNDAMENTALS OF PROBLEM SOLVING AND INTRODUCTION TO C 07 hrs
Introduction, Problem solving, System development programs, Creating and running a
program, Software development steps, Applying software development method,

For complete syllabus here is the attachment

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in