2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2015, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Delhi University EVS Syllabus

As you are looking for the University of Delhi , Environmental Studies (One-Semester Compulsory Core Module for Undergraduate Programmes) syllabus , here I am providing same for you .

Unit 1 : Introduction to environmental studies
• Multidisciplinary nature of environmental studies;
• Scope and importance; Need for public awareness.

Unit 2 : Ecosystems
• What is an ecosystem? Structure and function of ecosystem; Energy flow in an ecosystem: food chains, food webs and ecological succession. Case studies of the following ecosystems :
a) Forest ecosystem
b) Grassland ecosystem
c) Desert ecosystem
d) Aquatic ecosystems (ponds, streams, lakes, rivers, oceans, estuaries)

Unit 3 : Natural Resources : Renewable and Non-renewable Resources
• Land resources and landuse change; Land degradation, soil erosion and desertification.
• Deforestation: Causes and impacts due to mining, dam building on environment, forests, biodiversity and tribal populations.
• Water : Use and over-exploitation of surface and ground water, floods, droughts, conflicts over water (international & inter-state).
• Energy resources : Renewable and non renewable energy sources, use of alternate energy sources, growing energy needs, case studies.

Unit 4 : Biodiversity and Conservation
• Levels of biological diversity : genetic, species and ecosystem diversity; Biogeographic zones of India; Biodiversity patterns and global biodiversity hot spots
• India as a mega-biodiversity nation; Endangered and endemic species of India
• Threats to biodiversity: Habitat loss, poaching of wildlife, man-wildlife conflicts, biological invasions; Conservation of biodiversity: In-situ and Ex-situ conservation of biodiversity.
• Ecosystem and biodiversity services: Ecological, economic, social, ethical, aesthetic and Informational value.

University of Delhi Environmental Studies syllabus

30th September 2019, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

here I am looking for Delhi University M.Sc. Environmental Studies (EVS) program Syllabus so will you plz let me know from where I can collect it ???
30th September 2019, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Delhi University M.Sc. Environmental Studies (EVS) program Syllabus so on your demand I am providing same here :

Paper 1
INTRODUCTION TO ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Preamble: This paper introduces the students, coming from disparate backgrounds, to the basics of
Environmental Science. Major themes and issues confronting our present day environment are
introduced in this paper from a scientific perspective. Each theme in the paper is listed in separate
paragraphs.
Introduction to the Environment. Acquisition, transformation and utilization of energy: the
geochemical, biogeochemical and hydrological cycles. Concept of ecosystem.
Atmosphere: structure and composition. Air pollutants and their emission sources. Aerosols and
Smogs. Air quality standards. Tropospheric ozone. Air pollution in Indian cities.
Water: quantity and quality. Parameters and standards; Demands. Rain water chemistry. Surface and
subsurface waters in India. Environmental hotspots related to water in India.
Soil and Land use: Climate and soil profile, Mineral matters in soil. Soil classification. Soil
distribution in India. Land use in India. Impact of soil loss and land cover on biogeochemical cycles.
Biodiversity. Problems and issues in biodiversity.Biodiversity status and patterns and hotspots.
Conservation and utilization of biodiversity.
Global warming and climate change. Recent records of climate change. Impact of climate change on
Indian environment. Measures to cope with climate change.
Mineral and energy resources. Impact of mining and other human activities on the environment.
Environmental impact assessment and environmental audit: an introduction. Environmental policy
matters and law.
Practical/Field Study: Combined based on Papers 1 & 4.

Delhi University M.Sc. Environmental Studies (EVS) program Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in