2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Dce rpc

Please give me details about DCE/RPC (Distributed Computing Environment / Remote Procedure Calls) including details about its Software License? Also tell me about its uses and its new versions and implementations? Suggest me some best reference books on DCE/RPC?
20th April 2018, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Re: Dce rpc

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Distributed Computing Environment / Remote Procedure Calls Will you please provide It ?
20th April 2018, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Dce rpc

Distributed Computing Environment / Remote Procedure Calls", is the remote procedure call system developed for the Distributed Computing Environment (DCE). This system allows programmers to write distributed software as if it were all working on the same computer,

Uses

It was used in the UK's National Insurance Recording System (NIRS/2).

It is used by:

Pennsylvania State University's student information portal, eLion
the older version of HP OpenView Operations for Unix/Windows Agents
Microsoft Exchange/Outlook (MAPI/RPC)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for Multiplayer lobbies, making small clouds to decide on a host or lobby migration

Alternative Version And Implementation

FreeDCE is the DCE 1.1 reference implementation ported to Linux, supports 64-bit platforms, and is autoconf'd to make porting to further platforms much easier: a Win32 port is underway.

Entegrity Solutions licensed the OSF's entire DCE 1.2.2 source code and ported it to Win32, creating a product called PC/DCE - see

Microsoft's version of DCE/RPC, called "MSRPC", is integrated into Windows NT. MSRPC is derived from the DCE 1.1 reference implementation.

Samba contains an implementation of MSRPC that is intended to be network-interoperable and IDL-interoperable with MSRPC. It is not binary-interoperable with MSRPC.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in