2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Dce hp

Hello Sir I am searching HP Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) version 2.0 for my PC . Would you please provide me a link from where I can get this through online shopping ? Please tell me how can I use it because I don’t know about it . I am just buying it .
20th August 2020, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

Re: Dce hp

I am doing engineering degree and searching for some details of HP Distributed Computing Environment (DCE). Will you tell about Features of DCE HP and HP DCE security service?
20th August 2020, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Dce hp

HP Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) version 2.0 makes the functionality of Open Software Foundation (OSF) DCE version 1.2.1 available on HP systems running HP-UX 11i v3.

Features of DCE HP:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) facility:

Supports both connection-oriented (TCP/IP) and connectionless (UDP/IP) transport protocols.

Access to the CDS name space through the X/Open Directory Service (XDS) and X/Open Object Management (XOM) services:

The OSF DCE 1.0.3 versions of the XDS, XOM, and dual libraries are a part of libdcekt, and the necessary XDS and XOM header files are provided.

Distributed Time Service (DTS):
This release supports ntp, null, and Spectracom DTS time providers; it also supports global time servers and DCE time zones.

The following new features have been added to DCE client 2.0 on HP-UX 11i v3:
Change in default permissions of the following files from 0666 to 06441:

/var/opt/dce/svc/error.log

/var/opt/dce/svc/warning.log

/var/opt/dce/svc/fatal.log

The following new filesets are available on HP-UX 11i v3 operating systems running on PA-RISC:

DCE-CoreTools:

DCE-CoreTools.DCE-TLS-NOTES

DCE-CoreTools.DCE-BPRG

DCE-CoreTools.DCEP-ENG-A-MAN

The following new filesets are available on HP-UX 11i v3 operating systems running on Itanium:

DCE-Core:

DCE-Core.DCE-IA64-SHLIB

DCE-CoreTools:

DCE-CoreTools.DCE-TLS-NOTES

DCE-CoreTools.DCE-BPRG

DCE-CoreTools.DCEP-ENG-A-MAN

Please find the below attached file for the HP DCE security service:

HP DCE security service

Attached Files
File Type: pdf HP DCE security service.pdf (138.5 KB, 194 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in