2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th December 2015, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Dce dte

I want to get information about the DCE and DTE like full form as well as difference and DTE-DCE interface Image. So here can you provide me information about it?
20th December 2015, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Dce dte

As per your request here I am providing you information about the DCE and DTE like full form as well as difference and DTE-DCE interface Image.

DTE = Data Terminal Equipment
An end instrument that converts user information into signals for transmission or reconverts the received signals into user information.

The functional unit of a data station that serves as a data source or a data sink and provides for the data communication control function to be performed in accordance with link protocol.

DCE = Data Circuit-terminating Equipment.
In a data station, the equipment that performs functions, such as signal conversion and coding, at the network end of the line between the data terminal equipment (DTE) and the line, and that may be a separate or an integral part of the DTE or of intermediate equipment.

The interfacing equipment that may be required to couple the data terminal equipment (DTE) into a transmission circuit or channel and from a transmission circuit or channel into the DTE.
Synonyms Data Communications Equipment (deprecated) and data set (deprecated).

A general rule is that Data Circuit-terminating Equipment devices provide the clock signal (internal clocking) and the Data Terminal Equipment device synchronizes on the provided clock (external clocking).

D-sub connectors follow another rule for pin assignment.
25 pin DTE devices transmit on pin 2 and receive on pin 3.

25 pin DCE devices transmit on pin 3 and receive on pin 2.

9 pin DTE devices transmit on pin 3 and receive on pin 2.

9 pin DCE devices transmit on pin 2 and receive on pin 3.

DTE-DCE interface

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in