2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2019, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Custom House Agent Eligibility

The Commissioner of Customs under Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government of India may invite applications for the grant of such number of licences as assessed by him, to act as Customs House Agents in the month of January every year by means of a notice affixed on the notice board of each Customs Station as well as through publication in at least two newspapers having circulation in the area of his jurisdiction.

In India, a Customs House Agent (CHA) is licensed to act as an agent for transaction of any business relating to the entry or departure of conveyances or the import or export of goods at a customs station.

Eligibility Requirement

One should:

Holds a master's degree in LLB/MBA OR CA

Hold a pass in Form 'G' as an employee of the firm or company.

Have three years of experience in customs - clearance work

Have bank-certified assets of Rs.5 lakhs

If there are more applicants than licenses, the Commissioner selects by seniority of holding a G pass. If two people have equal seniority, the older person will be preferred.

Need to possess a pass in Form G for only one year with written authorization from the Commissioner.

Duties

One is required to clear goods for import or export with specific authorization from the principal, which must be produced whenever required by the Deputy or Assistant Commissioner.

One must personally clear the goods or clear them through an employee designated by the Commissioner. All documents should list the CHA's name at the top.

One should not attempt to influence the conduct of customs officers in matters pending before one or one’s subordinates; there should be no threats, false accusations or duress against such officers, and no promise of advantage, benefit or gift should be made or bestowed on such officers.

One’s duties should be discharged expeditiously, and he cannot charge more than the rates approved by the Commissioner.

If one is a former officer of a department, he cannot represent any matter before a customs officer which he had considered as an officer. One cannot use facts which came to his knowledge as an officer.

One must advise the client to comply with the provisions of the Act and the regulations, diligently ensuring the imparting of correct, relevant information to the client for clearance of cargo or baggage.

If there is non-compliance by a client, one must bring it to the attention of the deputy or assistant commissioner. This regulation requires one to provide information to the department.

One must promptly pay the government all monies received from the client for duties and taxes. Any money received from the client or from the government should be promptly and fully accounted to the client.
10th September 2020, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

BA

Hello sir,I completed my 12 in 1999. I want to now complete my BA can I directly appear for TYBA and also can i do it part time
7th May 2021, 09:12 AM
Unregistered

Re: Custom House Agent Eligibility

Can I do CHA course after PGDM in International Business?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in