2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Cts dce

Today I have given Computer Science C++ CBSE Board 12th Exam . There is a one question about full form . I solve all of them but I was unable to attend CTS and DCE . Would you tell me what is the full form of CTS and DCE ? Please provide me its working also ??????
13th May 2018, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

Re: Cts dce

I am doing Electrical engineering degree from Anna University and searching for some details about CTS DCE so I put details in my report. Will you please provide me basic details about RTS/CTS DCE signals also provide me list of Other serial interfaces similar to RS-232?
13th May 2018, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Cts dce

A lot of garbage on google about RTS/CTS signals so I ask your opinions. The current app is some DCE (modem) and they wish to add how flow support. From modem point of view:

- CTS meaning is to inform DTE our internal buffer is(goes) full, so stop transmitting
- As soon as our buffers goes back empty, we can re-activate (logical speaking) CTS, accepting new data

In telecommunications, RS-232, Recommended Standard 232 is a standard introduced in 1960 for serial communication transmission of data.

It formally defines the signals connecting between a DTE (data terminal equipment) such as a computer terminal, and a DCE (data circuit-terminating equipment or data communication equipment),

Other serial interfaces similar to RS-232:

RS-422 (a high-speed system similar to RS-232 but with differential signaling)
RS-423 (a high-speed system similar to RS-422 but with unbalanced signaling)
RS-449 (a functional and mechanical interface that used RS-422 and RS-423 signals - it never caught on like RS-232 and was withdrawn by the EIA)
RS-485 (a descendant of RS-422 that can be used as a bus in multidrop configurations)
MIL-STD-188 (a system like RS-232 but with better impedance and rise time control)
EIA-530 (a high-speed system using RS-422 or RS-423 electrical properties in an EIA-232 pinout configuration, thus combining the best of both; supersedes RS-449)
EIA/TIA-561 8 Position Non-Synchronous Interface Between Data Terminal Equipment and Data Circuit Terminating Equipment Employing Serial Binary Data Interchange
EIA/TIA-562 Electrical Characteristics for an Unbalanced Digital Interface (low-voltage version of EIA/TIA-232)
TIA-574 (standardizes the 9-pin D-subminiature connector pinout for use with EIA-232 electrical signalling, as originated on the IBM PC/AT)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in