2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th November 2014, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

CS Course after B.Com

Can you tell me about the percentage required in B.Com to get admission in CS (Company Secretary) course?
8th November 2014, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CS Course after B.Com

A minimum eligibility criterion to pursue the CS (Company Secretary) is 12th pass in any stream except Fine Arts. If you enroll after completing 12th then you have to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.

Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme

One has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months.

One who takes admission in the Course after passing the Graduation ten one has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
Executive Programme
Professional Programme
Besides, Practical Training for about 15 months

Foundation Programme which is of 8 months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream.

Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.

Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.

Dates for Admission to CS course:

For Foundation Programme
31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year
30th September for June Examination next year

For Executive Programme
28th February for December Exams in the same year
31st August for June Exam next year
20th May 2015, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me if I can apply for CS or Company Secretary after completing B Com as I want to pursue the course now?
20th May 2015, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

A candidate with a bachelor's degree can enroll directly for the Executive programme of Company Secretary. After successful completion of the Professional programme and practical training prescribed by the institute, the candidate becomes the member of the ICSI.

To become a Company Secretary, one needs to be a member of The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). To pursue the course of company secretary, one must have passed +2 from a recognized institute.

The course is divided into three stages
1. Foundation Programme
2. Executive Programme
3. Professional Programme

Executive Programme

For those students who are pursuing the course through Foundation Programme i.e. after passing Foundation Programme level, this would be the second level course relating to the CS (Company Secretaries - Professional Accounting) Course.

For those students who are taking up the course after their Graduation this is the primary/first level course.

Course Duration
The minimum course duration as per the regulations of the institution is 10 months

The course duration is the minimum time that a student has to spend on taking up the course at this level. It is the period starting from, the time the student gets registered, to the time the student completes the course.

The actual time that a student has to spend on the course would be dependent on the actual date of registration.

CS after B.Com
Company Secretaries Course i.e.
Foundation Programme
Executive Programme
Professional Programme
In addition, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months which a student may opt
to start after passing the Executive Programme.
The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation has to undergo two stages
of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
Executive Programme
Professional Programme
Besides, the student has to undergo Practical Training for about 15 months.
Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass students of Arts,
Science or Commerce stream.
Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts.
Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.
Training: A Student has to undergo 15 months Management Training in Companies sponsored by the
Institute after passing the Executive or Professional Programme or under the guidance of a Company
Secretary in Practice.
After qualifying Professional Examination and on successful completion of training a candidate is
admitted as an Associate Member of the ICSI and can use the letters ACS after his/her name i.e.
Associate Company Secretary.
Admission to the CS Course is open throughout the year. Examinations are held twice a year in June &
December.
Cut off dates for admission to CS course:
For Foundation Programme
31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year
30th September for June Examination next year
For Executive Programme
28th February for December Exams in the same year
31st August for June Exam next year
CS Prospectus can be obtained from any of the offices of the Institute across India and
Cost of Prospectus for Foundation Programme : Rs. 200/- by cash payment while
Rs. 250/- by Post or courier
Cost of Prospectus for the Executive Programme : Rs. 300/- by cash payment whILE Rs.350/- by Post or
courier
Payment Option : The payment can be sent to the Headquarters by demand draft drawn in favour of
‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ payable at New Delhi OR by cash across the counter from
the Headquarters, Regional Offices & a few of the Chapters.
Fee Structure for CS Course
The fee for CS Foundation Programme is - Rs. 3,600/-
for Executive Programme - Rs.7000/- for Commerce Graduates while -Rs. 7750/- for Non Commerce
Student
ICSI offices across India
The ICSI has its Headquarters at ICSI House 22 Institutional Area Lodi Road New Delhi and Regional
offices at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai & New Delhi and 69 Chapters located in various cities in India.
ICSI has 66 Examination Centres scattered all over India including one overseas centre at Dubai.
he various Universities for admission to PhD Course

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in