2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Course to become Loco Pilot after 12th

To Become a Pilot You need to study Commercial Pilot License course after 12th. Following are the details of this course:

Eligibility:
The applicant should have completed your 12th minimum of 50 per cent marks in Mathematics and Physics from any recognized board of India.

Age limit:
The applicant should have minimum 16 years of age to be eligible for a Private Pilot License and 17 for a Commercial Pilot License.

Here are some good colleges to pursue this course:

Government Aviation Training Institute, Bhubaneswar

Coimbatore Flying Club, Coimbatore

Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai

Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd, Jamshedpur

All India Institute of Aeronautics, (AIIA), Dehradun

Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Secunderabad

Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad

Government Flying Training School, Bangalore

Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Bareli

West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Kolkata
22nd March 2015, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Will you tell me that am I eligible for become Loco Pilot after passing 12th class examination, also tell me in which exam I have to appear to become Loco Pilot?
22nd March 2015, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you can apply for RRB exam after passing 12th class , to become Loco Pilot in railway candidate have to appear in exam conducted by the RRB.

Eligibility for exam :

Educational Qualification-
Candidate should passed Inter or 10+2 in Science or Physics or Maths or candidate should pass ITI course.

Age limit:
18-30 years.

Selection Process-
Written test/aptitude test
Document verification
Medical fitness test.

Railways Recruitment Boards ( RRB ) Assistant Loco Pilot ( ALP ) written Exam Syllabus:

English: Articles, Prepositions, Voices, Tenses, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc., from the Basic Grammar.

Reasoning: Encoding, Decoding, Blood Ties, Arrangements, Calendar and Topics – Dates, Weeks, Classification, Analogy, Verbal and Non-Verbal Question

Arithmetic: Time and Distance Factors, Ratios, Averages, Interest, Pictogram- Based Problems, etc.

The syllabus of RRB ALP exam General Science and Technical Ability section consist of Basics of various subjects including Mechanical, Electrical, Automobile, Electronics and communications.

RRB ALP Syllabus for Mechanical: Strength Of The Material, Metallurgical, Metal Handling, Transformation Of Heat, Dimensions, Heat, Engine, Thermo Dynamics, Energy, Refrigerators And Air Conditioned, Material, Energy Conservation, Management, Applied Mechanics, Turbo Machinery, Production Engineering, Automation Engineering, Kinetic Theory etc.

Automobile: Power Plant Turbines And Boilers, Metallurgical Production Technology, Machine Design, System Theory, Heat Transfer, Thermo Dynamics, Materials Applying Motion, IC Engines etc.

RRB ALP Syllabus for Electrical: An Alternative System Single Phase Motor, Three Phase Motor System, Light, Magnetism, Motors, Basics of Electrical, Rolls, Cables etc.

Electronics and Communication: Computer And Micro Processor, Semi-Conductor Physics, Robotic Radio Communications Systems And Satellite Matters, Transistor, Dias, Digital Electronics, Networking And Industrial Electronics, Electronic Tube etc.
29th September 2016, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i passed diploma in electrical so i want to exam in loco pilot so can i do something sir
28th December 2016, 11:03 AM
kazi

I have done H.S+ with computer hardware engineering course, age 27+.
can i applied for loco pilot assassinate ?
4th September 2017, 08:09 PM
Smruti Ranjan Patra

Can a commerce students apply for assitant loco pilot ?
27th August 2019, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy will you plz let me know in which Course I should take admission to become Loco Pilot after 12th , as I am want to become Loco Pilot after 12th
27th August 2019, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

As you want to become Loco Pilot after 12th then I am telling for it examination for Loco pilot is conducted by RRB (railway recruitment board) time to time to fulfill the vacant positions in the railway department.

The notification for the recruitment is published on the official website of RRB. The written examination for the post of Loco Pilot is conducted by the authority under the guidance of various Railway Recruitment Boards of the country.

Eligibility
Applicants must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

Applicants is made through written exam followed by the personal interview for the qualified candidates.

Exam pattern/syllabus
PART A

Duration: 90 Min,

No of Questions: 100

a. Mathematics

Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.

b. General Intelligence and Reasoning

Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and decision making, Similarities and differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement Arguments and Assumptions etc.

c. Basic Science and Engineering

The broad topics that are covered under this shall be Engineering Drawing (Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric figures, Symbolic Representation), Units, Measurements, Mass Weight and Density, Work Power and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Heat and Temperature, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Education, IT Literacy etc.

d. General Awareness on Current Affairsin

Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities, Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance.

PART B
Duration: 60 Min,

No of Questions: 75

Qualifying Mark: 35 % (This is applicable to all candidates and no relaxation is permissible)

This part is qualifying in nature and shall have questions from the trade syllabus prescribed by Director General of Employment & Training (DGET). Candidates with ITI/Trade Apprenticeship qualification will be required to appear in the section having questions from the relevant trade. Candidates holding Degree, Diploma and HSC (10+2) having eligibility for the posts of ALP have to select relevant trade from the list of trades listed against their engineering discipline/HSC (10+2).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in