2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Correct Time to Start Preparation for CAT exam

You are in B.tech 2nd year so you want to know about the is this time is correct for starting preparation for CAT exam so I want to tell you that yes this time is correct for starting preparation you can start preparation.

Eligibility for CAT:
A candidate who has bachelor degree with 50% marks can eligible for this exam.
Any Graduate from recognized university can give this exam.

This is the eligibility for CAT exam so you have one year for doing preparation of CAT exam when you will pass your graduation you will be able to apply for this exam.

Paper pattern of CAT:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation: 50 questions

Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning: 50 questions

Duration of exam:
Two hours and 50 minutes

For your reference here I am giving you syllabus of this exam:

CAT English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.

CAT Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trogonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.

CAT Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.
CAT Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.
28th February 2015, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

I am a BBA final year student and after completing BBA I want to do MBA so for that I have to give CAT entrance exam so will you please tell me that is it the right time to start preparation for CAT exam ?
28th February 2015, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Yes you can start preparation for CAT entrance exam while doing BBA final year.
It is right time to start preparation for CAT entrance exam.

Here I am giving you information about CAT entrance exam:

CAT is Common Admission Test, it is conducted by Indian Institutes of Management.

It is the exam for taking admission to postgraduate and fellowship programs in management courses

Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates must be graduates in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.

For the SC, ST, OBC and DA category candidates, the minimum aggregate marks to be obtained is 45%.

Exam Pattern:
It is a computer based objective type multiple choice questions test.

It will have 2 sections, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

The total duration is 140 minutes or 2 hours 20 minutes.

Each section has 70 minutes.

The total number of questions is 60, 30 questions in each section.

The first section that appears in computer screen of the test takers is Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.

After 70 minutes, the section will automatically switch to the second section, the Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning.

Syllabus:
CAT English/Verbal Ability:
Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.

CAT Maths/Quant Ability: Number systems, geometry, trogonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.

CAT Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, etc.

CAT Logical Reasoning: Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in