2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2018, 07:46 AM
Unregistered

Re: Civil Engineering Syllabus of Uttarakhand Technical University

Can you provide me the syllabus for B. Tech. (Civil Engineering) Year II, Semester III Program of Uttrakhand Technical University, Dehradun?
9th May 2018, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Civil Engineering Syllabus of Uttarakhand Technical University

The syllabus for B. Tech. (Civil Engineering) Year II, Semester III Program of Uttrakhand Technical University, Dehradun is as follows:

TMA-301 MATHEMATICS III

Unit I: Function of Complex variable

Analytic function, C-R equations, Cauchys integral theorem, Cauchys integral formula for derivatives of analytic function, Taylors and Laurents series, singularities, Residue

Unit II: Statistical Techniques - I
Moments, Moment generating functions, Skewness, Kurtosis, Curve fitting, Method of least squares, Fitting of straight lines, Polynomials, Exponential curves etc., Correlation, Linear, non linear and multiple regression analysis, Probability theory.

Unit III: Statistical Techniques - II
Binomial, Poisson and Normal distributions, Sampling theory (small and large), Tests of significations: Chi-square test, t-test, Analysis of variance (one way) , Application to engineering, medicine, agriculture etc. Time series and forecasting (moving and semi-averages), Statistical quality control methods, Control charts, X, R, p, np, and c charts

Unit IV: Numerical Techniques I
Zeroes of transcendental and polynomial equation using Bisection method, Regula-falsi method and Newton-Raphson method, Rate of convergence of above methods. Interpolation: Finite differences, difference tables, Newtons forward and backward interpolation , Lagranges and Newtons divided difference formula for unequal intervals

Unit V: Numerical Techniques II
Solution of system of linear equations, Gauss- Seidal method, Crout method Numerical differentiation, Numerical integration , Trapezoidal , Simpsons one third and three-eight rules, Solution of ordinary differential (first order, second order and simultaneous) equations by Eulers, Picards and forth-order Runge- Kutta methods.

Reference Books:-
1. R.K. Jain & S.R.K. Iyenger, Advance Engineering Mathematics, Narosa Publication House, 2002.
2. E. Kreyszig, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, John Wiley & Sons,
3. B.S. Grewal, Higher Engineering Mathematics, Khanna Publishers, 2005
4. T. Veerajan & T. Ramchandran, Theory & Problems in Numerical Methods, TMH, New Delhi, 2004
5. Devore, Probability and Statistics, Thomson (Cengage) Learning, 2007

Syllabus B. Tech. (Civil Engineering) Semester III Uttrakhand Technical University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in