2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th March 2016, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

CIDCO Metro

Hi I would like to know the details of the various activities which have been undertaken by CIDCO for the construction of the Metro railway in Navi Mumbai?
Similar Threads
Thread
Cidco inc CA
Nmm cidco
CIDCO Sector 36
Psidc cidco
CIDCO OC Feb
CIDCO Login
Rti cidco
CIDCO Sardis GA
CIDCO Panvel
Vacancy at CIDCO
CIDCO advt
CIDCO 12.5 Koparkhairane
CIDCO Turnover
CIDCO Pin Code
CIDCO CRZ Map
Cidco sap
Cidco dsr
Cidco Ltd Belapur
Delhi Metro Kirti Nagar Metro
20th March 2016, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CIDCO Metro

Considering the rising population of Navi Mumbai and the predictable future demand for public transport, CIDCO has envisaged developing metro rail corridors in Navi Mumbai in addition to the suburban rail system as well as bus based public transport system so as to set up better North-South and East-West connectivity between all the residential nodes and to perk up connectivity with Mumbai's transportation system.

For this purpose, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) was entrusted with the mission of conducting feasibility study.

DMRC proposed six metro corridors in Navi Mumbai; the following FIVE Metro Rail Corridors have been finalized for development in phases.

Sr. No.
Corridor
Length Priority
Implementing Authority

Belapur-Taloje-Pendhar-Khandeshwar-NMIA
23.40 km
I
CIDCO

Mankhurd-NMIA-Panvel
32.00 km
II
MMRDA

Sewree-Kharkopar-NMIA (MTHL)
22.00 km
II
MMRDA

Dighe-Turbhe-Belapur
20.00 km
III
NMMC

Vashi-Ghansoli-Mahape
9.00 km
III
NMMC

The Corporation has determined that the Belapur-Taloje-Khandeshwar Corridor Metro Rail project will be executed with CIDCO's funds and for that reason the work of the phase I have been awarded.

The ground breaking ceremonial of Line 1 was performed at the hands of Hon'ble Chief Minister, Govt. of Maharashtra on 1st May, 2011, and the building work is in progress.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in