2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th June 2017, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Changes Made In Civil Services Exam Pattern

The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India, including the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.

No, As Per My Knowledge there is No Changes is Made in the Civil Service Exam the Examination Pattern of the Civil Service Exam is given below

Examination Pattern

Exam Pattern Details: Civil Services Exam Consists of 2 Stages.
I. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
II. Main Examination (Written and Interview)

I. Preliminary Examination: The Examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

Main Exam

Paper - A
Language -300 Marks
Candidate can take any Modern Indian language but this paper is of qualifying nature

Paper - B
English -300 Marks
This paper is of qualifying nature

Paper - I
Essay - 250 Marks
Can be written in the medium or language of the candidate's choice

Paper-II
General Studies-I 250 Marks
(Indian Heritage and Culture,
History and Geography of the World and Society)

Paper-III
General Studies -II: 250 Marks
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)

Paper-IV
General Studies -III 250 Marks
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)

Paper-V
General Studies -IV 250 Marks
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Marks carried by General Studies papers are 4X 250=1000

Paper-VI
Optional Subject - Paper 1 -250 Marks

Paper-VII
Optional Subject - Paper II -250 Marks
Candidate is allowed to take up literature as an optional subject "without the condition of having it at the graduation level."

Sub Total (Written test) 1750 Marks
Marks of English and Language will not be counted in the total tally of marks for the written exam. So the total of the Mains exam will be 1750 Marks Only.

Interview/Personality Test - 275 marks
Candidate can give preference of the language in which they may like to be interviewed. UPSC will make arrangement for the translators.

Grand Total 2025 Marks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in