2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Cds iaf

I am doing preparation for the Indian Air Force Combined Defence Services (CDS Exam)? I have no idea about its exam pattern and syllabus? So can you please tell me from where I can get information about its Combined Defence Services (CDS Exam) pattern and syllabus?
4th September 2018, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Re: Cds iaf

Hello sir, what is main difference between Combined Defence Services and Indian Air Force exam? Please show me detail about Combined Defence Services and Indian Air Force?
4th September 2018, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Cds iaf

The CDS is a defence exam which is conducted by UPSC and the IAF is a India air force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces.

The Combined Defence Services Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

The Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. Its complement of personnel and aircraft assets ranks fourth amongst the airforces of the world.

Its primary mission is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during armed conflict.

AFCAT stands for Airforce Common Admission Test and CDSE stands for Combined Defense Service Examination.

Both are written exams are followed by a SSB in order to select suitable young boys and girls for the Defense forces of India.

Type of Force:
As the name clearly suggests AFCAT which means Air Force Common Admission Test is a test which is taken to select young boys and girls for Airforce only whereas CDSE which means Combined Defense Service Examination is an exam meant for selecting candidates for all the three wings i.e. Army, Navy and Airforce.

Conducting Body:
AFCAT is conducted by the Indian Airforce twice an year whereas CDSE is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice an year.

Eligibility:

For AFCAT the age depends on the course want to join. Age limit is:
Flying: 19-23 years
Technical: 18-28 years.
Ground Duties: Graduate (20-23yrs), PG (20-25yrs), LLB (20-26 yrs.), MEd/PhD/CA/ICWA (20-27yrs).

For CDSE the age limit differs for the different forces:
Indian Army 19-24 years
Indian Air force 19-23 years
Indian Navy 19-22 years

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in