2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th May 2018, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Re: CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10

Hello sir, I want question paper for CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10. Please provide me here CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10 paper?
11th May 2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10

The CBSE proficiency test is an optional exam conducted by CBSE to assess the individual skills of the students in various subjects.

It tests the mental abilities of the students acquired by them up to their secondary education. The in turn helps CBSE schools to set their goals and targets in future education planning.

Eligibility:
Student studying in secondary or senior secondary school affiliated to CBSE and appearing in the current year final examination (School or Board) is eligible for the test.

The first proficiency test will be conducted in the month of May-June. This Test will be based on comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Student may sit in any one or more subjects to test proficiency.

The content level will be defined by the prescribed CBSE class IX and class X syllabus. The recommended text books for this content are NCERT text books for classes IX and X.

The questions in the test will not be based merely on recall of information given in the textbooks, and several of them may be unconventional.

The maximum marks for the test will be 100 and the test will have duration of two and half hours.

The question paper will be fully objective in nature; answers will be machine gradable.

The paper will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQs), numerical questions and column matching questions as illustrated by the sample questions.

There will be negative marking for wrong answers to the multiple choice only.

Here is PDF for CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10 paper:

CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10 paper:

Column-matching Questions: The following example illustrates the correct way of answering a Column-matching question.

Example:

16. Column I below lists three categories of numbers. Column II lists some numbers. For each item in Column I, match ALL the correct options in Column II.Column I Column II
(i) Even number
(ii) Odd number
(iii) Square of a natural number
(A) 1
(B) 2
(C) 3
(D) 4
(E) 5

Answer: The correct matches for this question are:
(i): (B), (D)
(ii): (A), (C), (E)
(iii): (A), (D)

Section I: Multiple Choice questions

This section contains 11 questions.

For questions 1 to 11 only one of the four options is correct. You have to indicate your answer by filling the appropriate bubble in the Answersheet. A correct answer will earn 3 marks, a wrong answer will earn (1) mark, and an unattempted question will earn 0 mark.

1. Three villages A, B and C form a scalene triangle on flat land (see figure below). A well needs to be constructed on the same flat land in such a way that it is equidistant from the three villages.
B
A
C
The well should be built at
(A) the incentre of 4ABC.
(B) the centroid of 4ABC.
(C) the circumcentre of 4ABC.
(D) the orthocentre of 4ABC.

2. In a game, a number is chosen at random from the set {1,2,3,,28,29,30}. What is the probability that the number chosen is a product of exactly two different prime numbers?
(A)
(B)
(C)
15 (D)

3. Two vertical poles P1 and P2 stand 30 metres apart on the ground (see figure below). M is a point on pole P2 such that the two ends of pole P1 subtend a right angle at the point M and the angle of elevation of the top of pole P1 from the point M is 60

P1
P2
M
30 m
The height of the pole P1, in metres, is
(A) 20√
3 (B) 40√
3 (C) 60√
3 (D) 120√

4. In the coordinate plane, 4ABC has vertices A(0,0), B(8,2) and C(8,10). Point D lies on BC, such that BD : DC = 5 : 7. What is the area of 4ADC?
(A) 28 (B) 32 (C) 36 (D) 40

5. P, Q, R and S are four points on a circle with centre O(see figure below). PQ and SR intersect at the point
T outside the circle.
O T
Q
R
P
S
If ∠POS = 100
and ∠ROQ = 70
then ∠PT S is equal to
(A) 20
(B) 25
(C) 15
(D) 18

6. A cylindrical tennis ball container contains three balls stacked on one another, such that they touch the wall of the container (see figure below). The top and bottom balls also touch the lid and the base of the container respectively.
If the volume of a tennis ball is 160 cm3
, then what is the volume of the container?
(A) 720 cm3
(B) 840 cm3
(C) 1440 cm3
(D) 480 cm3

7. The sum of all the numbers between 1 and 1000, which are divisible by 5 but not by 2 is
(A) 101100 (B) 50000 (C) 50050 (D) 10100

8. In 4ABC, ∠A = 25
, ∠B = 35
, and AB = 16 units. In 4PQR, ∠P = 35
, ∠Q = 120
, and PR = 4 units.
Which of the following is true?
(A) Area(4ABC) = 2 Area(4PQR)
(B) Area(4ABC) = 4 Area(4PQR)
(C) Area(4ABC) = 8 Area(4PQR)
(D) Area(4ABC) = 16 Area(4PQR)

9. A quadratic polynomial, f(x), is such that:
f(x) > 0, for −3 < x < 2
≤ 0, otherwise
Which of the following can be the polynomial f(x)?
(A) x
2 −x−6
(B) −x
2 +x+6
(C) −x
2 +x−6
(D) −x
2 −x+6

10. An arithmetic progression is such that the sum of the first 8 numbers is 100 and the common difference is 1. For which n would the sum of the first n numbers be 100 again?
(A) 24 (B) 25 (C) 30 (D) There is no such n 6= 8

11. The sum to 100 terms of (1 2+3−4+5 is:
(A) 50 (B) 500 (C) 100 (D) 1000
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CBSE Proficiency Test Class 10 paper Maths.pdf (154.6 KB, 37 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in