2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st November 2014, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

CBI Exam Pattern

I want to get the exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CBI Sub Inspectors exam will you please provide me that ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Exam pattern and syllabus of Punjab Food Inspector exam
Syllabus or exam pattern of Army Cadet College written exam
Exam pattern and the syllabus of State Bank of India clerk exam
Exam pattern of Coal India Management Trainee Exam
Exam pattern of PO post exam of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
Exam pattern of Special Railway Apprentice Classes Exam
JIPMER entrance exam study materials or exam pattern
Exam pattern of exam of Intelligence Bureau ACIO grade II
Exam pattern and the reference books for the exam of Indian Engineering Service
Exam Pattern or syllabus of Life Insurance Corporation of India AAO exam
Tips to clear Staff Selection Exam. Its model test papers and exam pattern.
Exam pattern of University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test exam
Exam pattern of HPCL officer trainee exam of Chemical Engineering
SAIL Management Trainee Exam syllabus or exam pattern for Civil Engineering
Syllabus and the exam pattern of Reserve Bank of India Young Scholar Exam
Exam pattern and the reference books for the exam of Air Force Common Admission Test
Eligibility and the exam pattern of exam of National Defence Academy
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Junior Engineer exam syllabus or exam pattern
Exam pattern of National Insurance Company administrative officer written exam
Syllabus or exam pattern of Assistant Central Intelligence Officer/Grade II exam
21st November 2014, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CBI Exam Pattern

As you want to get exam pattern and syllabus of SSC CBI Sub Inspectors exam so here I am giving you same:

SSC CBI Sub Inspectors Exam Paper Pattern:-
Examination is conducted in three stages (tiers) which I am giving you here:

Tier-I: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-II:Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-III- Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/document verification.

Tier I Exam:
General Intelligence + Reasoning=50 marks
Gen.Awareness = 50marks
Quantitative Aptitude = 50 marks
English Comprehension =50 marks

Total Marks:

Duration:
02 hours

Tier II Exam:
Quantitative Abilities : 200 marks (100 Questions)

Duration:
2 hours

English Language & Comprehension: 200 marks.

Duration :
2 hours

SSC CBI Sub Inspectors Exam Syllabus:
TIER-I Exam
A. General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non- verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de- coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/pattern – folding & un- folding, Figural Pattern– folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & city atching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub -topics, if any.

B. General Awareness:-
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.

C. Quantitative Aptitude :-
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian M easures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart

D. English Comprehension: Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, basic comprehension and writing ability would be tested in this section.

TIER II Exam:
Paper-I :
Quantitative Ability:-
Questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be the computation of whole numbers, decimals ,fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart

Paper-II:-
English Language & Comprehsion: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’sunderstanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on spot the error, fill in the blanks,synonyms, antonyms, spelling/detecting mis- spelt words, idioms & phrases, one word substitution, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, conversion into direct/indirect narration, shuffling of sentence parts, shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze passage & comprehension passage.

Paper-III : Statistics for Investigator Grade-II, Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation & Compiler in RGI.

Collection Classification and Presentation of Statistical Data– Primary and Secondary data, Methods of data collection; Tabulation of data; Graphs and charts; Frequency distributions; Diagrammatic presentation of frequency distributions.

Measures of Central Tendency- Common measures of central tendency – mean median and mode; Partition values-quartiles, deciles, percentiles.

Measures of Dispersion- Common measures dispersion– range, quartile deviations, mean deviation and standard deviation; Measures of relative dispersion.

Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis– Different types of moments and their relationship; meaning of skewness and kurtosis; different measures of skewness and kurtosis.

Correlation and Regression– Scatter diagram; simple correlation coefficient; simple regression lines; Spearman’s rank correlation; Measures of association of attributes; Multiple regression; Multiple and partial correlation (For three variables only).

Probability Theory– Meaning of probability; Different definitions of probability; Conditional probability; Compound probability; Independent events; Bayes’ theorem.

Random Variable and Probability Distributions – Random variable; Probability functions; Expectation and Variance of a random variable; Higher moments of a random variable; Binomial , Poisson, Normal and Exponential distributions; Joint distribution of two random variable (discrete).

Sampling Theory– Concept of population and sample; Parameter and statistic, Sampling and non-sampling errors; Probability and non- probability sampling techniques(simple random sampling, stratified sampling, multistage sampling, multiphase sampling, cluster sampling, systematic sampling, purposive sampling, convenience sampling and quota sampling); Sampling distribution(statement only); Sample size decisions.

Statistical Inference- Point estimation and interval estimation, Properties of a good estimator, Methods of estimation (Moments method, Maximum likelihood method, Least squares method), Testing of hypothesis, Basic concept of testing, Small sample and large sample tests, Tests based on Z, t, Chi -square and F statistic, Confidence intervals.

Analysis of Variance- Analysis of one- way classified data and two - way classified data.

Time Series Analysis- Components of time series, Determinations of trend component by different methods, Measurement of seasonal variation by different methods.

Index Numbers- Meaning of IndexNumbers, Problems in the construction of index numbers, Types of index number, Different formulae, Base shifting and splicing of index numbers, Cost of living Index Numbers, Uses of Index Numbers
18th February 2016, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, it my first attempt for the CBI exam. I don’t have any idea about the exam pattern of CBI exam? The CBI exam is done in which pattern? Can any one provide me CBI exam pattern?
18th February 2016, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

CBI exam pattern is done in online mode. Candidates are interested to attempt CBI exam in online mode they need to get online written exam for CBI.

Pattern of CBI written exam:
There would be two types of written test:
Objective
Descriptive

Objective test pattern for CBI exam:
There would be four Objective tests as described below:
Reasoning Ability
English Ability
Numerical Ability
Clerical Aptitude

There is negative marking for the wrong answers in these Objective tests. Total time for the objective test is 95 minutes, with 50 questions for each of these four tests.

Descriptive test pattern for CBI exam:
Descriptive test would consist of five compulsory questions to assess your knowledge on Socio-Economic Developments & Communication skills.

It is also of qualifying nature only and although you have to qualify it, the marks scored by you are not counted for the merit positions.

CBI exam selection process consists of two stages:
Written test
Interview

Education:
Candidates are having graduation in any discipline.

20 years whereas, the maximum age limit is 27
Years with relaxation of up to 5 years for SC/ST
3 years for OBC
20th February 2016, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Hii Buddy , I Need to SSC CBI Sub Inspectors Recruitment Exam Pattern , Marking Scheme and Previous year Exam Paper , Will you plzz Give me same for my help ?
20th February 2016, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Friend On your Asking Here I ma Providing SSC Central Bureau of Investigation Sub Inspectors Recruitment Exam Pattern Details :

SSC CBI Sub Inspectors Exam Paper Pattern:-

The Examination is conducted in three stages (tiers) as indicated below:

Tier-I: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-II: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-III- Personality Test cum Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/document verification.

Tier I Exam:

A. General Intelligence + Reasoning=50 marks

B. Gen. Awareness = 50marks
C. Quantitative Aptitude = 50 marks
D. English Comprehension =50 marks

Total Marks- 200
Duration: 02 hours

Tier II Exam:-

I.Quantitative Abilities : 200 marks (100 Questions)
Duration: 2 hours

II.English Language & Comprehension: 200 marks.
Duration : 2 hours

Total Marks : 400
Total Duration: 4 hours.

This will be followed by personality test and interview of 100 marks.

Marking Scheme:-

There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer in Tier-01.

There is negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer in paper I of Tier- 02.

There is negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer in paper II or Tier- 02 .

Here Previous year SSC CBI Sub Inspectors Exam Paper :

Study each of the following table and choose the alternative which can best replace the question mark (?)

1 2 3 2 10 12
2 5 12 10 16 13
1 2 1 ? 10 24
(a) 5 (b) 11 (c) 13 (d) 8
Ans (c)

Study each of the following table and choose the alternative which can best replace the question mark (?)
3 8 10 2 ? 1
6 56 90 2 20 0
(a) 0 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 7
Ans (c)

In the following question one term in the number series is wrong. Find out the wrong term.
11, 5, 20, 12, 40, 26, 74, 54
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 40 (d) 26
Ans (c)

In the following question one term in the number series is wrong. Find out the wrong term.
8, 14, 26, 48, 98, 194, 386
(a) 14 (b) 48 (c) 98 (d) 194
Ans (b)
Calculate value of each word by the following formula:
Consonants = (2 × Position of the letter in alphabet) - 1
Vowels = (3 × Position in alphabet) + 1
CHANGE
(a) 77 (b) 79 (c) 83 (d) 80
Ans (d)

FLUTE
(a) 153 (b) 157 (c) 151 (d) 149
Ans (a)

BREAD
(a) 67 (b) 62 (c) 59 (d) 65
Ans (d)

1 2 3 2 10 12
2 5 12 10 16 13
1 2 1 ? 10 24
(a) 5 (b) 11 (c) 13 (d) 8
Ans (c)

3 8 10 2 ? 1
6 56 90 2 20 0
(a) 0 (b) 3 (c) 5 (d) 7
Ans (c)

11, 5, 20, 12, 40, 26, 74, 54
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 40 (d) 26
Ans (c)

8, 14, 26, 48, 98, 194, 386
(a) 14 (b) 48 (c) 98 (d) 194
Ans (b)

Consonants = (2 × Position of the letter in alphabet) – 1
CHANGE
(a) 77 (b) 79 (c) 83 (d) 80
Ans (d)

FLUTE
(a) 153 (b) 157 (c) 151 (d) 149
Ans (a)

BREAD
(a) 67 (b) 62 (c) 59 (d) 65
Ans (d)

In a certain code language, ’3a, 2b, 7c’ means ‘Truth is Eternal’; ’7c, 9a, 8b, 3a’ means ‘Enmity is not Eternal’ and 6a, 4d, 2b, 8b’ means ‘Truth does not perish’. Which of the following means ‘enmity’ in that language?
(a) 3a (b) 7c (c) 8b (d) 9a
Ans (d)

In a certain code language, ‘po ki top ma’ means ‘Usha is playing cards’; ‘Kop ja ki ma’ means ‘Asha is playing tennis’; ki top sop ho’ means ‘they are playing football’; and ‘po sur kop’ means ‘cards and tennis’. Which word in that language means ‘Asha’?
(a) ja (b) ma (c) kop (d) top
Ans (a)

A girl was born on September 6, 1970, which happened to be a Sunday. Her birthday has again fall on Sunday in
(a) 1975 (b) 1976 (c) 1977 (d) 1981
Ans (d)

A long rope has to be cut to make 23 small pieces. If it is double folded to start with how many times does it need to be cut?
(a) 9 (b) 23 (c) 11 (d) 12
Ans (c)

There are 19 hockey players in a club. On a particular day 14 were wearing the hockey shirts prescribed, while 11 were wearing the prescribed hockey pants. None of them was without either hockey pants or hockey shirts. How many were in complete hockey uniform?
(a) 8 (b) 6 (c) 9 (d) 7
Ans (b)

In a class room three fourth of the boys are above 160 cm in height and they are 18 in number. Also out of the total strength, the boys form only two third and the rest are girls. The total number of girls in the class is
(a) 18 (b) 24 (c) 12 (d) 30
Ans (c)

‘A’ is east of ‘B’ and west of ‘C’. ‘H’ is South-West of ‘C’, ‘B’ is South-East of ‘X’. which is farthest West?
(a) C (b) A (c) X (d) B
Ans (c)

A girl earns twice as much in December as in each of the other months. What part of her entire year’s earning does she earn in December?
(a) 2/11 (b) 2/13 (c) 3/14 (d) 1/6
Ans (b)
16. One watch is 1 minute slow at 1 pm on Tuesday and 2 minutes fast at 1 pm on Thursday. When did it show the correct time?
(a) 1.00 am on Wednesday (b) 5.00 am on Wednesday (c) 1.00 pm on Wednesday (d) 5.00 pm on Wednesday

Directions (Question 17 to 22) :Given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
Mark (a) if only assumption I is implicit
Mark (b) if only assumption II is implicit
Mark (c) if either I or II is implicit
Mark (d) if neither I or II is implicit

Statement: Even with the increase in the number of sugar factories in India. We still continue to import sugar.
Assumptions :I. The consumption of sugar per capita has increased in India.
II. Many of the factories are not in a position to produce sugar to their fullest capacity.
Ans (c)

Statement :I cannot contact you on phone from Karshik.
Assumption : I. Telephone facility is not available at Karshik.
II. Nowadays it is difficult to contact on phone.
Ans (b)

Statement : The government has decided to reduce the custom duty on computer peripherals.
Assumptions : I. The domestic market price of computer peripherals may go up in near future.
II. the domestic manufacturers may oppose the decision.
Ans (a)

Statement : In Bombay, railway trains are indispensable for people in the suburbs to reach their places of work on time.
Assumptions : I. Railway trains are the only mode of transport available in the suburbs of Bombay.
II. Only railway trains run punctually.
Ans (a)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in