2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th September 2016, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Cat Exam For BBA

Hello sir, I’m a graduate student. I was completed my BBA degree in last month. I’m looking for CAT exam. Will you please tell me the CAT exam is for BBA candidates?
15th September 2016, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Cat Exam For BBA

After BBA and graduation every candidates any apply for CAT entrance exam for master degree program.

CAT is conducted by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) for seeking admission to the prestigious management colleges in India.

Candidates aspiring to get admission to IIMs and other leading management schools need to appear for the Common Admission Test.

Last year, CAT was conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM-A) on November 29, 2015.

Important Dates:

CAT 2016 Advertisement Release
July 31, 2016 (Sunday)

CAT Online Registration
August 8, 2016, (10:00 AM) to September 22, 2016, (5:00 PM)

CAT Admit Card
October 18, 2016, (1:00 PM till Exam Day)

CAT 2016 Entrance Date
December 4, 2016 (Sunday)

Release of Results
2nd week of January 2017 (Tentative)

Eligibility:
Candidate must be a graduate, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD)/Differently Abled (DA) category).

Exam Pattern:

CAT Dec Exam Pattern Section I:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II:
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
Section III:
Quantitative Ability:

Exam Syllabus:

Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension:

Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, syllogisms, analogies, antonyms, and synonyms, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms, etc.

Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning:
Data interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), venn diagram, clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, linear and matrix arrangement, etc.

Quantitative Ability:
Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, quadratic and linear equations, etc.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in