2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Career Scope and Salary CS

Scope of Company Secretary is growing very wide with the expansion in the corporate world. One can get jobs in the private and public sectors, various banks and financial institutions, the Department of Company Affairs, stock exchanges, company law boards and government departments.

Company secretaries can also set up their own consultancy business after obtaining a certificate of practice.

Different Roles, Different Names

The following is a brief description of the significant roles and responsibilities of a company secretary.

Assistance to the Board of Directors: They not only provide secretarial assistance to the board but also give expert advice in many respects.

Company Registrar: They are an important section of a company’s managerial hierarchy working in the capacity of the company registrar.

Legal Advisor: They provide assistance to the company in case of any legal matter and ensure that the company complies with the statutory and bureaucratic directives of company, security and corporate laws.

Corporate Policymaker: They also advise the company board when existing corporate policies.

Chief Administrative Officer: As a chief administrative officer, they are responsible for the safekeeping of all legal and other confidential documents of the company.

Miscellaneous Tasks: The assessment of tax, filing of tax, take care of loans taken by the company, deal with corporate banks and actively participate in important investment decisions.

Company Secretary Salary

Company secretary salary largely depends upon the abilities of the person and the company one is working with.

On an average a newly appointed company secretary can get about Rs. 4,00,000 to Rs. 5,00,000 per years. Those with abilities and some experience can get more than double the initial amount.
28th November 2015, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Hello, I want to do CS and I want to know the career scope and the salary in the field in future. Please tell me.
28th November 2015, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

A company secretary is a step by step course. First you need to clear the foundation then intermediate then finals. You cannot switch to the other one without passing the earlier one.

Jobs you may join:
Bank and building societies
Employer’s cooperatives
Investment sectors
Insurance companies
Trade bodies
Accountancy and solicitor’s firms
Housing associations

Salaries:
The starting salary will be 20000- 30000 and later it will be 70000 and above.

Course details:
Foundation:
English and Business Communication
Basic Economics and Business Environment
Financial Accounting
Elements of Business Laws and Management
Information Systems and Quantitative Techniques

Intermediate:
Group I
General and Commercial Laws
Company Accounts and Cost & Management Accounting
Tax Laws