2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th January 2017, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Can BTECH Student Apply For CTET

I would like to tell you that you cannot apply for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) as your completed BTECH program and here I will get further information for you.

Eligibility
Minimum Educational Qualifications for becoming Teacher for Classes I-V (Primary Stage):

Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education or;
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education; or
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); or
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education); or
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of two year Diploma in Elementary Education

Minimum educational qualification for becoming Teacher for Classes VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
Graduation and passed or appearing in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education; or
Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
Graduation with at least 45% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed); or
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed); or
Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.-Ed/B.Sc.Ed; or Graduation with at least 50% marks and passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed (Special Education)
Relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks in the minimum educational qualification for eligibility to apply shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently abled
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of bachelor degree in education or Diploma in Elementary Education etc are provisionally admitted and their CTET certificate shall be valid only on passing the aforesaid examinations
The candidate not havidng any of the above qualification shall not be eligible for appearing in Central Teacher Eligibility Test
The candidate should satisfy his/her eligibility before applying and shall be personally responsible in case he/she is not eligible to apply as per the given eligibility criteria

Exam pattern
The CTET examination will be of objective type Multiple Choice Question (MCQ’s); there will be no negative marking; there will be 2 papers of CTET

(i) Paper I will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes I to V

(ii) Paper II will be for a person who intends to be a teacher for classes VI to VIII

Note: A person who intends to be a teacher for both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII) will have to appear in both the papers (Paper I and Paper II)

Application fees

For Paper-I or Paper-II (one of these): Rs.600/- (General/OBC)/ Rs.300/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled)

For Paper-I and Paper-II (both): Rs.1000/- (General/OBC)/ Rs.500/- (SC/ST/Diff. Abled)

The application fee can be submitted through Challan/Debit/Credit Card

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in