2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th February 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Re: Cambridge University South Asian Studies Centre

Hello sir, I am Malik. I am from London. I want you to help me by providing me information regarding the Cambridge University South Asian Studies Centre and also give some details about the course offered and contact information?
24th February 2016, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Cambridge University South Asian Studies Centre

University of Cambridge is a type of public research university.
It was established in the year 1209.
It is located in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom.

The Centre of South Asian Studies is a cross-disciplinary research centre open to students from across the University and to researchers from around the world

It is a research centre serving all faculties in the University whose teaching and research work touches on the regions of South and Southeast Asia.
It contains a unique library collection, archival papers, films and photographs and has a small number of academic staff from other parts of the University affiliated to it.

It was established in May 1964.
It is primarily responsible for promoting within the University the study of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the Himalayan Kingdoms and Burma, but has also, over the last 25 years, extended its activities to include Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, the Philippines and Hong Kong.

Courses offered:
It provides
M.Phil. in Modern South Asian Studies

M.Phil in Modern South Asian Studies is a PG course with a substantial research component, which runs for 9 months covering the three terms (Michaelmas, Lent and Easter) and part of the summer research period of the Cambridge Academicals Year.
It is designed both for students who want to enhance their understanding of the social, cultural, political and economic history and present condition of South Asia and for those who want to go on to further primary research.

The Centre of South Asian Studies
Address: Alison Richard Building, 7 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DT, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 1223 338094

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in