2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th June 2018, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Re: Calicut University Machine Drawing Question Papers

Can you provide me the syllabus of - ME14 307 Computer Assisted Machine Drawing under III Semester B. Tech Mechanical Engineering offered by University of Calicut on wich the question paper is based?
5th June 2018, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Calicut University Machine Drawing Question Papers

The syllabus of - ME14 307 Computer Assisted Machine Drawing under III Semester B. Tech Mechanical Engineering offered by University of Calicut on wich the question paper is based is as follows:

ME14 307 Computer Assisted Machine Drawing
Teaching scheme: Credits: 2
3 hours drawing per week
Objectives
1 To impart the fundamental concepts of machine drawing.
2 To develop primary knowledge of working drawings.
3 To produce orthographic drawing of different machine parts.
4 To develop skill to produce assembly drawings.
5 To develop skill to produce detailed drawings of machines parts from assembly drawing.
6 To develop skill to produce drawings by using any standard CAD software.

Module 0: (6 Hours).
Preparation of working Drawings with specification using any popular drafting software

Module I (9 hours - 1 Printout, 2 Drawing sheets)
Preparation of Sketch & working drawings for:
a) Joints: Sleeve and cotter joints, knuckle joints, Socket and spigot joints, Flanged hydraulic joints, Lap and butt joint, Zigzag and chain structure.
b) Couplings and pulleys: Solid and split muff couplings, Universal coupling, Flat pulleys, Stepped cone pulleys.

Module II (9 Hrs. - 1 Printouts, 2 Drawing sheets)
Preparation of Sketch & working drawings for:
a) Tolerances and Fits -Hole system and shaft system of tolerances, Indication of dimensional tolerances and fits on simple machine parts - Geometrical tolerances, Indication of geometrical tolerances on simple machine parts, Indication of surface finish on drawings - Preparation of shop floor drawings of simple machine parts.
b) Bearings - Solid journal bearings, Plummer block and footstep bearings.

Module III (18 Hrs. - 3 Printouts, 6 Drawing sheets)
Preparation of Sketch & assembly drawings for :
1 Stuffing boxes - cross heads, Eccentrics, Petrol Engine connecting rod - Piston assembly - Screws jacks - Machine Vices Tailstock Crane hook.
2 Steam stop valve - Spring loaded safety valve Blow-off-cock - Gate valve- Glob valve- Ball valveNon return valve.

Note:
1 v University examination (3 Hours) shall be conducted by using drawing instruments only.
2 v All drawing exercises mentioned above are for class work. Additional exercises where ever necessary may be given as home assignments.

Text Books:
0 1. N.D. Bhatt and Panchal, Machine Drawing,Charator Publishing House.

References:
1 1. GautamPohit&GautamGhosh, Machine Drawing with AUTO CAD, Pearson Education, New Delhi
2 2. K.C. John, Machine Drawing, Jet Publications, Thrissur.
3 3. N.D.Junnarkar, Machine Drawing, Pearson Education, New Delhi
4 4. P.I.Vargheese, Machine Drawing, VIP Publishers, Thrissur

Internal Assessment
Printouts = 10
Drawing sheets = 20
Tests = 15
Attendance and Regularity = 05
Total = 50

University examination pattern

Question I: Answer any one question out of two questions of 25 marks each from (a) and (b) sections of module I. 1 25 = 25 marks
Question II: Answer any one question out of two questions of two questions of 30 marks each from (a) and (b) sections of module II. 1 30 = 30 marks
Question III: Answer any one question out of two questions of two questions of 45 marks each from (a) and (b) sections of module III. 1 45 = 45 marks
Total= 100 marks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in