2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th September 2014, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Byod In High Schools

As you want to know about BYOD I would like to inform you that BYOD is Bring Your Own Device or Bring Your Own Technology. It is gaining popularity in many schools as a way of increasing access to vital technology without the costly burden of purchasing a device for each student.
In 2015 students in Years 7 - 10 are expected to bring their own computing device to school every day.

Type of device which can students bring are following:
• laptop
• tablet
The BYOD program was implemented in 2014 for Year 9 students. It was designed to replace the Digital Education Revolution (DER) program which ended in 2013. In 2015, BYOD continues with the school's Year 9 and 10 groups.
For security purposes students may also consider using a device locator service. These services include following:
• The "Find my iPad" service built in to Apple iOS devices
• "Prey" for Windows
• "LoJack for Laptops"
Internet access on the device will be filtered at school and students will be prohibited from connecting to other networks while at school.
21st February 2015, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

Byod In High Schools

Hi I am Vinita, can you please provide me some basic information regarding Byod In High Schools?
22nd February 2015, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Byod In High Schools

BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is gaining popularity in many schools as a way of increasing access to vital technology without the costly burden of purchasing a device for each student.

The Federal Government's Digital Education Revolution and potential replacements, notably schools considering a policy of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD).

Schools are asking students to Bring your own tablet, computers, iPod Touches, Kindles and other devices.

Over the past year, BYOD programs have been piloted in Ohio, Minnesota, Texas and Georgia, with more states possibly on the way.

When students bring their own devices, cyberbullying and other problems associated with social media may come with them. Bring Your Own Device could present other hazards as well.

With the proper policies in place and the program doesn’t exist merely to cut costs and corners BYOD can work for educators and students.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in