2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th April 2015, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

BPUT Syllabus 5th Sem Civil

I am selected as Assistant Professor in Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela and I have to teach subjects of B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd Year 5th Semester so please give me Syllabus of 5th Sem B.Tech Civil for an idea about course structure and contents?
Similar Threads
Thread
BPUT Old Syllabus
BPUT Syllabus 4th SEM Civil
BPUT Question Papers Civil Engg
BPUT Syllabus For 7th Sem CSE
BPUT New Syllabus for 1st SEM
BPUT Civil Engineering Syllabus
Civil engineering syllabus under BPUT
BPUT Ac Syllabus CSE
BPUT Syllabus For 5th Sem IT
BPUT ECE Syllabus
Syllabus of BPUT
BPUT DCT New syllabus
BPUT MCA 3rd SEM Syllabus
BPUT MCA 2nd Sem Syllabus
BPUT Syllabus for 8th SEM Civil
DCT New Syllabus BPUT
BPUT Syllabus For 7th SEM Civil
BPUT MCA Syllabus
MCA 5th Sem Syllabus BPUT
BPUT 3rd Sem ETC Syllabus
20th July 2018, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

Re: BPUT Syllabus 5th Sem Civil

Hello sir, Im Civil engineering student of Biju Patnaik University of Technology. For exam preparation I want 5th sem civil engineering syllabus. Is there any one can give me Biju Patnaik University of Technology Syllabus 5th Sem Civil?
20th July 2018, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BPUT Syllabus 5th Sem Civil

For engineering students the Biju Patnaik University of Technology is provides Syllabus 5th Sem Civil.

Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering is an undergraduate Civil Engineering course.

B.E. Civil Engineering is four-year program and the course deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of structures and works like bridges, tunnels, canals, buildings, airports, water works, sewage systems, highways & rail-roads, water-ways & canals, dams & power houses, water treatment & sewage disposal system, ports, docks & harbours, etc while protecting the public and environmental health, as well as improving the existing infrastructures.

Biju Patnaik University of Technology Syllabus 5th Sem Civil

Biju Patnaik University of Technology Syllabus 5th Sem Civil:

THEORY OF STRUCTURESI
Unit-1

Introduction to Indeterminate structures, Degrees of freedom per node, Static and Kinematic indeterminacy (i.e. for beams, frames & portal with & without sway etc.), Releases in structures, Maxwells reciprocal theorem and Bettis theorem, Analysis of Statically Indeterminate Structures using Slope‐deflection method.

Unit-2
Analysis of structures using Moment‐distribution method applied to continuous beams and portal frames with and without inclined members.

Unit-3
Unit load method & their applications: deflection of determinate beams and frames, analysis of determinate and redundant frames up to two degree of redundancy, lack of fit in redundant frames.
Introduction to Energy Methods: Strain energy for gradually applied, suddenly applied and impact loads, Strain energy due to axial loads, bending, shear and torsion;. Castigliones theorems & their applications in analysis of determinate and redundant frames up to two degree of redundancy and trussed beams; Stresses due to temperature & lack of fit in redundant frames; deflection of determinate beams, frames using energy methods

Unit-4
Column Analogy method for indeterminate structures, determination of carry over factor for non‐prismatic section. Kanis Method: Analysis of beams and frames with & without sway by Kanis method.

Unit-5
Approximate methods for lateral loads: Analysis of multistory frames by portal method, cantilever method & factor method. Analysis of determinate space trusses by tension coefficient method.

Here is PDF for Biju Patnaik University of Technology Syllabus 5th Sem Civil:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in