2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st October 2019, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Re: BPUT Civil Engineering Syllabus

Hi buddy here I am looking for Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.tech Civil Engineering program syllabus so on your demand I am providing same ???
1st October 2019, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BPUT Civil Engineering Syllabus

As you are asking for Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.tech Civil Engineering program syllabus so on your demand I am providing same :

PCI3I001 MECHANICS OF SOLID
Theory L/T (Hours per week): 3/1, Credit: 4
Module-I (12 classes)
Simple Stress and Strain -Load, Stress, Principle of St.Venant, Principle of Superposition,
Strain, Hookes law, Modulus of Elasticity, Stress-Strain Diagrams, Working Stress, Factor of
safety, Strain energy in tension and compression, Resilience, Impact loads, Analysis of
Axially Loaded Members, Composite bars in tension and compression, temperature
stresses in composite rods, Statically indeterminate problems, Shear stress, Complimentary
shear stress, Shear strain, Modulus of rigidity, Poissons ratio, Bulk Modulus, Relationship
between elastic constants.
Compound Stress and strain- Stresses in thin cylinders, thin spherical shells under
internal pressure, wire winding of thin cylinders.Analysis of Biaxial Stress. Plane stress,
Principal stress, Principal plane, Mohrs Circle for Biaxial Stress, Two dimensional state of
strain, Mohrs circle for strain, Principal strains and principal axes of strain, strain
measurements, Calculation of principal stresses from principal strains.
Module-II (10 classes)
Shear Force and Bending Moment for Determinate Beams - Types of load and Types of
support. Support reactions,Shear force and bending moment, Relationship between
bending moment and shear force, Point of inflection, Shear Force and Bending Moment
diagrams for determinate beams.
Module-III (10 classes)
Simple Bending of Beams - Theory of simple bending of initially straight beams, Bending
stresses, Shear stresses in bending, Distribution of normal and shear stress, beams of two
materials, Composite beams.
Deflection of Beams - Differential equation of the elastic line, Slope and deflection of
beams by integration method and area - moment method.
Module-IV (8 classes)
Theory of Columns - Eccentric loading of a short strut, Long columns, Eulers column
formula, Lateral buckling, Critical Load, Slenderness ratio
Torsion in solid and hollow circular shafts - Twisting moment, Strain energy in shear
and torsion, strength of solid and hollow circular shafts. Stresses due to combined bending
and torsion, Strength of shafts in combined bending and twisting.

Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT) B.tech Civil Engineering program syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in