2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th September 2015, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Books Recommended For IAS Exam

As your friend want to Clear IAS exam for it here I am Suggested for books
For exam preparation :

UPSC: Civil Services & Indian Forest Service (Common Preliminary: Paper-I) Exam Guide: Civil Services Exam and Indian forest Service Exam Common Preliminary Exam Paper 1 Paperback – 2015
by RPH Editorial Board (Author)

20 Years IAS Prelims (CSAT) General Studies Topic-wise Solved Papers (1995-2014) Hindi Edition (Hindi) Paperback – 2014
by Disha Experts (Author)

UPSC-Civil Services Exam & Indian Forest Service Exam : Previous Years' Papers Solved: Civil Services Exam and Indian forest Service Exam Previous Years Papers (Solved) Paperback – 2015
by RPH Editorial Board (Author)

CSAT 2014 : IAS Preliminary Examination (Set of 2 Books) Paperback – 2014

The UPSC has revised the pattern of Civil Services Main examination from 2015.

Now there are 7 + 2 = 9 papers to be answered in the main examination. All of them are of descriptive type. There are two qualifying papers 1) any modern Indian language 2) English are of 300 marks each. Their marks will not be counted in the main examination.

According to the new pattern there are "FOUR" General Studies paper each comprising of 250 Marks with a total of 1000 Marks. The scope of the syllabus of General Studies is of degree level.

There is only "ONE" optional subject to choose from the list of subjects.

Interview/Personality Test is of 275 Marks. Candidate can give preference of the language in which they may like to be interviewed. UPSC will make arrangement for the translators.

The total mark of the written examination is 1750 Marks.

The Interview/Personality Test will be of 275 marks.

The written examination will consist of the following papers:

Paper A - Modern Indian language 300 Marks - Qualifying nature - Marks not counted - Passing mandatory-

(i) Comprehension of given passages.

(ii) Precis Writing

(iii) Usage and Vocabulary.

(iv) Short Essay

(v) Translation from English to the Indian language and vice-versa.

Paper B - English -300 marks - Qualifying nature - Marks not counted- Passing mandatory

The aim of the paper is to test the candidates' ability to read and understand serious discursive prose, and to express his ideas clearly and correctly, in English and Indian Language concerned.

The pattern of questions would be broadly as follows:-

(i) Comprehension of given passages

(ii) Precis Writing

(iii) Usage and Vocabulary

(iv) Short Essay.

For New Exam pattern of Civil Services Examination , Here I am sharing Image of thispage

Last edited by Kiran Chandar; 9th September 2015 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in