2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd July 2018, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Re: Books for BA Punjab University

Can you provide me the names of some of the books for preparation of B.A. (Hons.) Semester I (under CBCS) exam offered by Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh?
3rd July 2018, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Books for BA Punjab University

The names of some of the books for preparation of B.A. (Hons) Semester I (under CBCS) exam offered by Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh are as follows:

ECO-C1: INTRODUCTORY MICROECONOMICS
1. Karl, E. Case., and Ray C. Fair, (2007). Principles of Economics (8th ed.). Pearson
Education Inc.
2. N. Gregory Mankiw.( 2007) Economics: Principles and Applications.( 4th ed.). India edition by South Western, a part of Cengage Learning, Cengage Learning India Private Limited
3. Joseph E. Stiglitz, and Carl E. Walsh. (2007) . Economics (4th ed.). W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., New York, International Student Edition.

ECO-C2: MATHEMATICAL METHODS FOR ECONOMICSI
K. Sydsaeter and P. Hammond, (2002).Mathematics for Economic Analysis, Pearson
Educational Asia: Delhi.

SOC-GE02: FUNDAMENTALS OF SOCIOLOGY
1. Giddens, Anthony .Sociology, Cambridge (4th ed.) Polity Press
2. Haralambos, Michael.(2003). Sociology: Themes and Perspectives. Oxford.
3. Davis, Kingley (2002). Human Society.Surjeet Publications, Delhi
4. Maclver, R S & Page Charles. Society: An Introductory Analysis (Latest ed.). Macmillan India Ltd.
5. Johnson, Harry (2003). Sociology: A Systematic Introduction. Allied Publishers, New Delhi
6. Inkeles Alex. (2004).What is Sociology? An Introduction to the Discipline and
Profession Prentice-Hall, India
7. Bradshaw, York W, et.al. (2001). Sociology for a New Century, Piner Forge
Press, California

Further Readings:
1. Johnson, Doley Paul.(1986).Sociological Theory (Or later ed.). New York, McMillan.
2. Ritzer, George. (1988).Sociological Theory .London(Or latest ed.) . McGraw-Hill.
3. Coser Lewis. (2004). Masters of Sociological Thought, Rawat Publications, New
Delhi.

Syllabus B.A. (Hons.) Semester I (under CBCS) Department of Economics, Panjab University, Chandigarh

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in