2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th August 2014, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BITS Pilani Higher Degree I Sem Admission Test Syllabus

As you are looking for the syllabus of BITS Pilani Higher Degree Admission Test for admission in I Sem, so here I am sharing the same with you

Core Mathematics:
Functions and graphs; limit and continuity; applications of derivative and integral. Conics; Polar coordinates; Convergence of sequence and series. Maclaurin and Taylor series. Partial derivatives. Vector calculus in Rn; vector analysis; theorems of Green, Gauss and Stokes. Complex numbers, analytic functions, Cauchy‟s theorms; elementary functions; series expansions; calculus of residues and applications. Vector space; basis and dimension; linear transformation; range and kernel of a linear transformation; row deduction method and application to linear system of equations. Probability spaces; conditional probability and independence; random variables and probability distributions; marginal and conditional distributions; independent random variables; mathematical expectation; mean and variance; binomial, Poisson‟s and normal distributions; sum of independent random variables; law of large numbers; central limit theorem, sampling distribution and test for mean using normal and students t-distribution; test of hypothesis; correlation and linear regression.

Core Physics:
Linear momentum and its Conservation, Angular momentum and its conservation, Rotational dynamics of rigid bodies, Work-energy theorem, Conservative forces and potential energy, Collision problems, Damped and forced simple harmonic motions, Coupled oscillations and wave motion Coulomb‟s law, Electric fields, Gauss‟ law, Electric potential, Dielectrics and capacitors, Magnetic fields, Biot-Savart law and its applications, Magnetic materials, Ampere‟s law, Faraday‟s law of electromagnetic
induction, Maxwell‟s equations and plane electromagnetic waves Young‟s double-slit interference, Interference from thin films, Coherence, Diffraction from single and
double slits, Diffraction grating, Photoelectric effect, Compton effect, De-Broglie waves, Uncertainty relation, Schrodinger equation, Particle in a box, Potential barriers and tunneling.

English Language Skills and Principles of Management
Pronunciation skills; Vocabulary – Synonyms and antonyms, using words in appropriate contexts, Idioms and Phrasal verbs; Grammar – Word order and effective sentences, use of tenses, conjunctions and prepositions; Reading comprehension; Paragraph writing; Précis Writing; Letter writing.

Fundamental concepts of management- planning, organization; staffing; directing and controlling; production, financial, personal, legal and marketing functions, accounting and budgeting, balance sheets.

Rest of the Syllabus is attached in below file which is free of cost

Address:
Birla Institute of Technology and Science
Vidya Vihar, 333 031 ‎

Map:

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=bits+pilani&ll=28.359815,75.588169&spn=0.01 1178,0.020428&fb=1&gl=in&cid=2286371793580034125&t =m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
18th March 2015, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th and now want to do Higher Degree Course form BITS Pilani so please give me Admission Test Syllabus of BITSAT?
18th March 2015, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am giving you Admission Test Syllabus of BITSAT for Higher Degree Course form BITS Pilani.

Paper Pattern of BITSAT:
Duration: Three-hour
Type: Multiple choice questions
Number of Questions: 150 marks

The four parts are:
Part I: Physics (40 questions)
Part II: Chemistry (40 questions)
Part III: English proficiency (15 questions) and logical reasoning (10 questions)
Part IV: Mathematics or Biology (45 questions)

Syllabus of BITSAT:

Part I: Physics
Units & Measurement
Waves
Kinematics
Heat and Thermodynamics
Newton's Laws of Motion
Electrostatics
Impulse and Momentum
Current Electricity
Work and Energy
Magnetic Effect of Current