2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th August 2018, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

Re: Biomedical Engineering in IIT Mumbai

I want to know the eligibility criteria for admission in M.Tech Biomedical Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology IIT Mumbai so can you tell me?
13th August 2018, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Biomedical Engineering in IIT Mumbai

The Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering (BSBE), Indian Institute of Technology IIT Mumbai offers M.Tech Biomedical Engineering program of duration 2 years.

M.Tech Biomedical Engineering program

Duration 2 years

Eligibility for Admission

B.Tech./B.E./AMIE or equivalent in Biomedical, Biotechnology, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Materials Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Engineering Physics, Pharmaceutical Technology and other engineering;
OR
M.Sc. or equivalent in Maths, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Ceramics, Chemistry, Electronics, Ergonomics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics, Physiology and other science;
OR
MBBS/BDS
OR
B. Pharm/M. Pharm
OR
B.V.Sc., B.P.Th. and B.O.Th. degree (Duration 4 years or more)

First class or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST)

Entrance examination requirement for TA/RA/TAP/RAP Category

Valid GATE score in any discipline for engineering and science graduates (for i and ii above),

AIIMS/ All India MCI/JIPMER/PGI Chandigarh/AFMC-Pune/DNB Part I/Pre-M.D.S. national level medical and dental postgraduate entrance examinations or GATE Life Sciences examination for medical and biological sciences (for iii above).

GPAT / All India level selection examination for B.Pharm

All India level post graduate entrance examination for M.V.Sc., M.P.Th. and M.O.Th.

There will be no written test or interview for candidates qualifying through GATE examination for various qualifying disciplines. Candidates will be considered for direct admission and the seats for any qualifying discipline will be pre-determined and will be filled based on GATE scores in the respective qualifying disciplines.

Students with MBBS/BDS OR B. Pharm/M. Pharm OR B.V.Sc., B.P.Th. and B.O.Th. degree (Duration 4 years or more), do not have a valid GATE score will be called for written test/interview.

Contact-

Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076
Phone: +91-022-25767771
Fax: +91-022-25767760
E-mail: office.bio@iitb.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in