2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd June 2015, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Bhabhatron BARC

Will you please give me some information about the Bhabhatron machine which is developed by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, BARC Mumbai? Also tell me about there uses? In which treatment the Bhabhatron machine is useful?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rlg barc
Barc tso
Ct crs barc
Barc nrb
BARC Zee
Barc mib
Barc sw
LTT to BARC
Barc iit
Barc act
Barc CTA
Barc ldc
Barc md
BARC Key
Barc lse uk
Dae barc
Dps barc
Ndt barc
Barc
Barc mba
18th July 2018, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Re: Bhabhatron BARC

I want to get the details of Bhabhatron Bhabha Atomic Research Centre of BARC, Mumbai so can you provide me?
18th July 2018, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bhabhatron BARC

Bhabhatron, the indigenous telecobalt machine, is one of the successful products developed by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai for cancer treatment.

DAE has been funding cancer hospitals for cancer research and setting up of treatment facilities.

Radioisotopes, produced in research reactors and power reactors in the country, are being used for diagnosis, treatment and sterilization of medical products. DAE has also been in developing tools and techniques for treating the killer disease.

Bhabhatron was developed to meet the growing demand for affordable high-performance telecobalt machine.

For the safe and effective radiation therapy, it is necessary to plan and deliver the radiation beam accurately.

Bhabhatron

Considering the growing incidence of cancer and the need for such devices, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre has successfully developed the technology for Radiotherapy Simulator.

In the conventional form, Radiotherapy Simulator is similar to an isocentric external beam therapy machine.

It can reproduce the geometric movements of (external beam) radiotherapy machines.

Milestones-

2005- Bhabhatron-I The first unit of Bhabhatron commissioned at (ACTREC), Navi Mumbai

2006-Bhabhatron-II with additional features in terms of performance and safety commissioned.

2009- Bhabhatron-II unit donated to Vietnam through the PACT initiatives of the IAEA commissioned at Can Tho Oncology Hospital

2011- Indigenous Radiotherapy Simulator commissioned successfully.

Contact-

Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay,
Mumbai - 400 085 India
Telephone :+91-22-25505050 / 25592000
Fax :+91-22-25505151 / 25519613

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in