2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th August 2014, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Which is better: Bank or IT JOB?

Would you like to provide that which is better job, that is bank job or IT job???
19th August 2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Which is better: Bank or IT JOB?

Both are good area for doing a secure job.

If you have great interest in Banking sector you can go for Bank Jobs.

If you have great interest in IT jobs you can go for IT sector.

Difference:
Bank offers higher perks, status and side by side you can open your coaching institute for bank PO/clerk which will earn you more money than in IT plus a secure job and if its a govt bank you can go home at 5 or 6 which is not possible in case of IT, you may even have to stay till midnight on the time of deployment of the code in production or if the client wants you to stay in office and you can't do anything about it.

I am giving you some IT Company as well as Bank name.

TCS
CTS
IBM
INFOSYS
ACCENTURE
PATNI COMPUTERS
MAHINDRA SATYAM
HCL
WIPRO
TECH MAHINDRA

Bank Name:-
State Bank Of India
Andhra Bank Oriental Bank of Commerce
Bank of Baroda Punjab National Bank
Bank of India Punjab & Sind Bank
Bank of Maharashtra Syndicate Bank
Canara Bank Union Bank of India
Central Bank of India United Bank of India
Corporation Bank UCO Bank
Dena Bank Vijaya Bank
Indian Bank
14th December 2015, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Hii sir, I completed my graduation from an IT field please tell me which jobs suits me best an IT job or a job in a bank ?
14th December 2015, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

According to me both sectors are good in their places

IT also has marched it's way to the most attractive sector for today’s youth and on the other hand, bank job, on which rank you are, if it's posts like PO or branch manager with attractive salary. Although it's totally depends on you that in which field your interest is.

In terms of salary the salary package of IT 2.5 lack -4 lack per annum or may vary. As well as in bank sector it would be about 2.5 lack-5 lack per annum. Although it may be more than that. But after all it depends on your choice

Here I am sharing with you the personal Experience of a person that have work in both IT and bank According to her
IT MNC job. Are good

In a bank, you are liable to be transferred often and as a newcomer and in case you are male, you are going to find yourself posted in remote places unless you have some serious inside connection.

It doesn't end there and you may also be made to shuffle between remote places which is even more agonizing. Settling in such places, finding proper accommodation, food facilities etc is going to be extremely difficult. It is not that one cannot survive but when the choice is between a IT job or PO why risk it all.

There are no proper channels of communication and still everything is handled by post. When things move like Branch to RO, RO to HO, HO to branch and the cycle repeated for every step in post think of the time wasted.

Overall my experience in IT was way too good and it was simply hell in the bank. I just regret joining!

You may choose according to your choice All the best

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in