2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2016, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Re: BCA Syllabus Lucknow University

The syllabus of BCA (Bachelors of Computer Application) offered by Department of Computer Science, University of Lucknow as I need it for preparation of final exam is as follows:

BCA-S101T Computer Fundamental & Office Automation
UNIT-I

Introduction to Computers
Introduction, Characteristics of Computers, Block diagram of computer. Types of computers and
features, Mini Computers, Micro Computers, Mainframe Computers, Super Computers. Types of
Programming Languages (Machine Languages, Assembly Languages, High Level Languages).
Data Organization, Drives, Files, Directories. Types of Memory (Primary And Secondary) RAM,
ROM, PROM, EPROM. Secondary Storage Devices (FD, CD, HD, Pen drive)I/O Devices (Scanners,
Plotters, LCD, Plasma Display) Number Systems Introduction to Binary, Octal, Hexadecimal system
Conversion, Simple Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication.

UNIT-II
Algorithm and Flowcharts
Algorithm: Definition, Characteristics, Advantages and disadvantages, Examples Flowchart:
Definition, Define symbols of flowchart, Advantages and disadvantages, Examples.

UNIT-III
Operating System and Services in O.S.
Dos – History, Files and Directories, Internal and External Commands, Batch Files, Types of O.S.
Windows Operating Environment Features of MS – Windows, Control Panel, Taskbar,
Desktop, Windows Application, Icons, Windows Accessories, Notepad, Paintbrush.

UNIT-IV
Editors and Word Processors
Basic Concepts, Examples: MS-Word, Introduction to desktop publishing. Spreadsheets and Database
packages Purpose, usage, command, MS-Excel, Creation of files in MS-Access, Switching
between application, MS-PowerPoint.

BCA Syllabus Lucknow University

Attached Files
File Type: pdf BCA Syllabus Lucknow University.pdf (374.8 KB, 252 views)
12th January 2021, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: BCA Syllabus Lucknow University

study and evaluation of bachelor of computer application of university of lucknow

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in