2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th September 2015, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BCA 1st Year Syllabus Maharaja Ganga Singh University

Here I am giving you BCA 1st Year Syllabus of Maharaja Ganga Singh University; please have a look……

BCA-101: Fundamental Mathematics for Computer Application

UNIT I
Matrices: Basic Definitions, Matrix Operations – Transpose, Adjoint And Inverse of a Matrix, Determinates of Matrix, Some Special Matrix Definitions – Orthogonal, Hermetian, Skew Hermetian, Unitary, Rank of a Matrix, Elementary Transformations, Homogeneous System of Equations, Solution of Linear Equation Using Matrices as Determinates by Cramer’s Rule.

Unit II
Limit, Continuity, Differentiability, Differentiation – The Derivative, Higher Derivatives of Second and Third Order, Application of Differentiation Maxima and Minima.

Unit III
Integration: Theory of the Integral, Properties of the Definite Integral, Methods of Integration By Substitution, By Parts, By Partial Fractions,

Unit IV
Co-Ordinates System: Rectangular Co-Ordinates in a Plane, Distance Between Two Points, Rectangular Co-Ordinates in Space, Elementary Co-Ordinate Geometry, The Straight Line, General equation of a Circle, Standard equation of a Circle.

Unit V
Vectors and Solid Geometry-Concept of Vector, Addition and Subtraction of a Vector, Resolution of a Vector, Scalar or Dot Product of two Vector, Vector or Cross Product of two Vectors, Equation of Lines and Planes.

References:
1. Mathematics Volume I By R.D. Sharma (Danpat Rai Publication)
2. Mathematics Volume II By R.D. Sharma (Danpat Rai Publication)
3. Engineering Mathematics Volume I By S.S. Sastry (Prentice-Hall Of India)

5 ©MGSU, Bikaner

BCA-102: Computer Fundamentals and Office Automation

Unit I
Historical Evolution of Computers, Characteristics, Classification and Application of Computer, Block diagram, Basic Components of Computer System: Central Processing Unit, Memory Unit, Microprocessor; Various I/O Devices their Functions and Characteristics; Types of Memory (Primary & Secondary); Classifications of Printers; Interconnecting the Units of a Computer, Assembly and Disassembly of PC and its various Parts, Specification of a desktop and Laptop currently available in the market (Specifications of processor, motherboard, memory, interface & capacity of HDD & DVD drives, I/O ports etc); Startup Process (Booting), BIOS Setup and its various setting, Trouble shooting for basic computer failures.

Unit II
Need & Types of Software: System & Application software; Programming Languages: Machine, Assembly, High Level, 4GLs, Assemblers, Compilers and Interpreter; Objectives of Operating System, Concept of CUI & GUI, Installation of Windows operating System, Installation of Printer and Other Software Packages such as Ms Office etc. Backup and Restore Operations. Features of Windows; Various versions of Windows, Desktop, Explorer, Searching, Recycle Bin, Settings using Control Panel, System Tools, Disk cleanup, defragmentation, scanning for virus, Windows Accessories.

Unit III
Features of Word Processor: Create, edit, store, print documents, Navigation of documents, cut, copy & paste, Find & replace, Different Page Views and layouts, Alignment, formatting features, Tabs & Indents, Inserting tables, pictures, hyperlinks, Spell checking, Macros, Mail merge, Template, Wizards, Overview of Index and Tables. Importing and exporting to and from various formats.

Unit IV
Features of Spreadsheet: Concept of worksheet, workbook, creating, saving and editing a workbook, Inserting, deleting Worksheets, Navigation in worksheets; Working with Formula & Functions (Financial, Database, Maths, Trigonometric, Statistical etc), Cell referencing, Format Feature, Alignment, Character styles, Date Format; Previewing & Printing a worksheet; Goal Seeks, Pivot Table, Creating Charts. Types of Charts, their merits and demerits; Database in worksheet, Data organization- what-if analysis, Macro, linking and embedding.

Unit V
Database concepts using Access, Creating Tables, Data Types, Entering Data, Table Design, Indexing, Importing Data, Operators and expressions, expression builder, various functions of access, Creating Queries, Setting Relationship using Wizards, Creating Forms, Controls and components of form, Master table and transaction table. Join property, various join options available in access, Creating & Printing Reports. Power Point Presentation Package: Creating Presentation, Setting backgrounds, layouts, Customizing, Formatting a presentation, Adding Graphics and effects to the presentation.

References:
1. Computer Fundamental By P.K. Sinha (BPB Publications)

6 ©MGSU, Bikaner
2. IT Tools and Applications By Satish Jain, Shashank Jain, Dr. Madhulika Jain (BPB Publication).
3. Upgrading and Repairing PCs By Scott and Mueller, Techmedia, New Delhi
4. Rapidex MS Office By Vikas Gupta (Pustak Mahal)
5. Fundamentals of Computers By Balagurusamy E, Tata McGraw-Hill
6. Teach yourself Access. Sieglel, BPB

BCA 1st Year Syllabus of Maharaja Ganga Singh University

Address:
Maharaja Ganga Singh University
National Highway 15, Jaisalmer Road,
Near Nall Road
Bikaner, Rajasthan 334001

Map;
[MAP]Maharaja Ganga Singh University Bikaner, Rajasthan[/MAP]

Rest of the syllabus here I am attaching pdf file which is free for download…….

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in