2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th October 2014, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank Po exam Tips and Books

Bank jobs are currently among the most in-demand jobs in India. More than 20 lakh aspirants generally appear for exams conducted by IBPS, Reserve Bank of India (RBI), State Bank of India (SBI), and private banks (taken together).

Tips for Preparation of Exam-

Prepare for exam according to syllabus and paper pattern.
Here I am providing you the paper pattern.
Paper Pattern-

The Objective Test will be divided into the following sections:
1. English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc)
2. General Awareness, Marketing and Computers
3. Data Analysis and Interpretation
4. Reasoning

The Descriptive Test will test the English language writing skills of the aspirant and will ask the writer to attempt a short précis, letter writing or essay etc.

The examination is of 135 minutes in which 225 questions are to be solved. This means that for each question, you have 36 seconds in hand.

Questions are likely to be asked from the banking sector, legislations and regulations so you must focus on this.

The English language section includes questions based on unseen passages, antonyms, synonyms, understanding vocabulary, fill in the blanks, finding the error in a statement, jumbled up questions. Revise your basic grammar skills by referring to grammar book.

The most important tip for preparation for all the sections is to practise as many sample papers, model papers and previous year papers as possible.

There is a negative marking so it is important to attempt only the questions for which you are sure.

Here I am suggesting you some books for preparation of this exam.

I think it will help you.

Good Luck….

Tags
books

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in