2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th November 2014, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank PO Exam Eligibility

Hey, as you want to appear in bank PO exam you can appear in exam after securing 52% marks in graduation and 57.84% in PG .

As the eligibility criteria for the Bank Po exam as:

IBPS CWE (PO/MT)

Qualification :

Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or any equivalent qualification

SBI/SBI Associate Banks PO

Qualification :
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university / college

Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either
(i) a citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee

Age relaxation :
21st November 2014, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Bank PO exam eligibility

I scored 58% in graduation and 65% in MA and now I want to apply for Bank PO Exam am I eligible for it?
21st November 2014, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank PO exam eligibility

Probationary Officer (PO) is the entry level position in the officer post in banking industry.

Eligibility Criteria for PO:
Citizen of India

Minimum qualification
Graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55% marks from recognized University.

Age limit:
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.
This may be relaxed up to 5 years for reserved categories.

If you fulfill this eligibility criteria than you can appear in Bank PO Exam

Here I am providing you some reference books for the preparation of Bank PO Exam

Reference Books of Bank PO Exam
Study Guide SBI ASSOCIATE BANKS PO Recruitment Exam 2014 Paperback – 6 Sep 2014
by GKP (Author)

IBPS (CWE) Bank PO Probationary Officer/Management Trainee Exam Paperback – 5 Apr 2014
by Editorial Board (Author)

Solved Papers Bank PO Exam Paperback – 5 Apr 2014
by Arihant Experts (Author)

28th November 2014, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Bank PO exam eligibility

I want to do Bank PO exam so I want eligibility criteria so will you please provide me eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam?
28th November 2014, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank PO exam eligibility

Here you are looking for eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam, as you want here I am providing you.

As per my knowledge different banks have different eligibility criteria. Here you not mention bank name so here I am providing you eligibility criteria of some most popular bank.

Bank PO exam eligibility

Relaxation in age for reserved categories as per rules.

Banks Probationary Officers Examination Syllabus

If you want any more details about give information please let me know we will provide you.
3rd December 2014, 08:05 AM
Unregistered

Bank PO Exam Eligibility

I was born in 13.2.1981 so now am I eligible for IBPS PO exam or not will you please provide me that information ?
3rd December 2014, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank PO Exam Eligibility

Sorry to say you but now you are not eligible for IBPS exam because as per 13.2.1981 date of birth now you are 33 years old that’s why you are not in age criteria of IBPS PO exam.

Eligibility Criteria:
Nationality:
A candidate must be a Indian citizen.
Candidate who is subject of Bhutan, or Nepal is eligible.
Tibetan refugee who live in India before the 01 January, 1962 is also eligible.

Educational Qualification:
Candidate must have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age Limit:
Minimum age is 20 and half year.
Maximum age is 30 years.

I am giving you syllabus of IBPS PO exam:
IBPS PO Reasoning Section Syllabus:
In this section, 40 Questions are asked carrying 50 Marks. The number of questions from a particular topic may vary.
Note: The number given in Brackets are the number of questions usually asked in exam (based on previous year pattern).
This section will have question on following topics.
Verbal reasoning: Alphabet test, Mathematical operations test, Series test, Analogy. Odd Man out, Classification, Syllogism (5), Coding-decoding (5-7), Blood relations (5). Number, ranking and time sequence, Causes and effects, Analytic reasoning, Direction sense test. Sitting arrangement (5-10), Decision making, Input output (0-5), Puzzle (4-7), Statement and conclusions (2-4). Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments (2-4), Statement and action’s courses. Passage and conclusions (2-3), Assertion and reasoning, Figure Series, Word formation, Series (5).

IBPS PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
40 Questions: 50 Marks.
Topics are - Number system (2-3), HCF & LCM, Number series, Problems based on numbers. Approximation Wrong Number, Decimal fractions, Square root and cube root, Simplifications (5). [Partnerships, Percentage, Ratio and proportions, Average & Ages Ratio & Proportion]: (4-6). [Profit and loss, Simple interest and compound interest]: (2-4), [Time and work, Time and distance, Mensuration]: (2-4). Permutation and combination (1-2), Probability (1-2)
Data Interpretation (12-16): Pie charts, Bar graphs, Line graphs, Mixed graphs

IBPS PO SYLLABUS for English language section
40 Questions: 40 Marks
Topics of this section are - Spotting the errors (3-5), Phrase substitution, Ordering of sentences or jumbled up sentences (3-6). Double blanks in a sentence, Fill in the blanks (0-5). Cloze Test, Idioms & Phrases, Choosing the appropriate filler. Synonyms and antonyms (0-3), Reconstruction of sentence & passage. One word substitution, Commonly misspelled words, Comprehensions (8-15).

IBPS PO General awareness with special reference to banking industry-section Syllabus:
40 Questions: 40 Marks
Banking Terms, Current Rates (Bank rate, Repo Rate, Reverse repo rate etc.), Abbreviations, Indian Economy, International Economy, Questions related to International Financial Institutions (World bank, IMF, UN, ADB related - Members, recent development, functions), Finance, Shares, Various schemes of Government (MNREGA, Swabhiman, Swavlamban, Bharat Nirman etc.), Books & Their Authors, Types of Banks, GDP related, RBI, Fiscal-Monetary Policies etc., Social Function of Banks, UNO, Marketing, Awards & Honors, Sports, Budget, Agriculture, Current Affairs (last 6 months) etc.

IBPS PO Syllabus: Computer knowledge section:
40 Questions: 20 Marks
Basic computer knowledge (MS Office), Operating Systems, Number System, Software & Hardware questions (Database & communication), History of computers, Computer abbreviation, Microsoft-office, Basic knowledge of Internet & Networking etc.

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in