2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank Exams Tricks for Solving Quantitative Aptitude

As you are looking for the easy tricks to solve Quantitative Aptitude Questions for Bank Exams, so here I am sharing the same with you

Squaring
In this simple trick we need to modify the equation and make the units digit zero. After all it is easy to multiply when units digit is zero.
For example - Find square of 43
= (43+3) * (43-3) + (3*3)
=(46*40) + 9
= (460*4) + 9
= 1840 + 9 = 1849

Time and Work
Every question in time and work chapter can be solved easily by finding efficiency of workers or subject (such as pipes).

For example - A takes 10 days to complete a job. B takes 20 days to complete the same job. In how many days they will complete the job if they work together ?
A's efficiency = 100/10 = 10% per day
B's efficiency = 100/20 = 5% per days
A and B can do 15% of the work in a day if they work together. So they can do the whole job in 100/15 = 6.66 days or 6 days and 18 hours.

22nd March 2015, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I am Raman Kumar Bhalla. I am preparing for Bank Exams. Can you suggest me some bank Exam Tricks for Solving Quantitative Aptitude?
22nd March 2015, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Hello Raman. Quantitative aptitude paper is a very tough paper in banking exam. So improving your math skills is very important to clear this aptitude paper. Quantitative Aptitude shortcut tricks are very important thing to know for your exams.

Tricks For Solving Quantitative Aptitude test Questions.

There are some tricks for solve Quantitative Aptitude test Questions.
You can score easily on quantitative aptitude section if you understand the basics of number system. Since the questions on number systems are simple, importance lies in acquiring the right skills to tackle these problems with speed.

Quantitative aptitude questions on pipes and cisterns when mixed with ratios can be a bit tricky. But a strong understanding of the concept behind solving them and practicing as much questions as possible can help you easily solve them.

Aptitude questions on boats and streams are common in most of the aptitude tests for companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, HCL etc. The advantage with questions on boats and streams are that there are only two basic concepts behind them, and you can solve any questions with these concepts.

There are some books images for preparation of Aptitude.

Quantitative Aptitude books

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in