2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th October 2014, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Re: B.TECH CSE Student Eligible For IES Exam

IES is the Indian Engineering Service exam directed by UPSC

Yes, definitely B.TECH CSE Graduate can apply for IES exam being a Engineer. As IES is conducted for Engineers and any Engineer in any field can apply for IES exam.

but the applicants have to give the exams by choosing Subjects in any one from following list of Branches:

1. Electrical Engineering
2. Mechanical Engineering
3. Civil Engineering
4. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Eligibility
Applicants must have obtained a Degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University Grants Commission Act, 1956. or

(i). Passed section A and B of the institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India), or

(ii). Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telcommunication Engineers (India).

(iii). Obtained a degree/ diploma in Engineering from such foreign university/ college/ institution and under such conditions as may be recogniezed by the government for the purpose from time to time, or

(iv). Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/ Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

(v). Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the institution of Eletronics and Radion Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years of Contendors are allowed.
Upper age limit of Contendors is of 30 years is relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of certain categories.

Important Dates:

Date of Notification:- 14.03.2015
Date of commencement of Examination:- 12.06.2015
23rd May 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.TECH CSE. After B.Tech I want to appear in IES Exam. So I want to get know about eligibility for IES Exam that can I will appear in IES Exam or not?
23rd May 2015, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get information about eligibility Criteria of IES Examination, so I am providing following details of IES Exam:

You may apply for IES Exam after B.Tech in CSE.

Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have an Engineering Degree from any resigned University.

Candidates must be Indian.

Age Limit: 21 to 30 Years

Physical Standard
Candidates must be physical and mental fit as per the physical standards laid by UPSC.

IES Exam Pattern
Paper I : General Ability Test:Part A General EnglishPart B General Studies

Paper II: One Engineering Discipline should be chosen

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Electrical Engineering

The Written Exam should be completed in 2 sections:
Section I - objective types questions
Section II – conventional (essay) type questions papers.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in