2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2015, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Aviation IAF definition

Hello, I am looking for the definition of the Initial Approach Fix (IAF) of the Aviation dictionary. So is there any one who can give me the definition of the Initial Approach Fix (IAF) of the Aviation dictionary? Give me the meaning as soon as possible?
Similar Threads
Thread
Definition Of IAF Architect
ETF Issuer Definition
TB MDR Definition
PMET Definition
Mobilization Definition
MBA Definition Wiki
Environmental Definition
Quantitative Definition
HRM Definition
Definition Of Bacteria
Law Of Inertia Definition
MBA Definition
Definition of MBA
MBA ots delinquency definition
Definition Of Refinancing
J2EE Definition
Mechatronics Definition
Aviation meaning and colleges for study Aviation course
Civil Law Definition
CDS Spread Definition
24th July 2018, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Re: Aviation IAF definition

Hello sir, I want to know about Aviation Initial approach fix. Please give me definition of Aviation Initial approach fix?
24th July 2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Aviation IAF definition

Definition of IAF:

IAF stand for:
Initial approach fix

The Initial Approach Fix is defining a point where initial approach segments of instruments begin.

The IAF is an instrument approach procedure may have more than one Initial approach fix and initial approach segment.

The initial approach fix is usually a designated intersection, VHF omni directional range (VOR), non-directional beacon (NDB), or distance measuring equipment (DME) fix.

When the initial approach fix and the intermediate fix are combined, there is no initial approach segment.

Standard instrument approach procedures must begin at an initial approach fix (IAF) or an intermediate fix (IF) if there is not an IAF.

Definition:

An Instrument approach procedure (IAP) is a series of predetermined manoeuvres by reference to flight instruments with specified protection from obstacles from the initial approach fix, or where applicable, from the beginning of a defined arrival route to a point from which a landing can be completed and thereafter, if a landing is not completed, to a position at which holding or en-route obstacle clearance criteria apply.

There are two methods for executing instrument approach operations:

a two-dimensional (2D) instrument approach operation, using lateral navigation guidance only;
a three-dimensional (3D) instrument approach operation, using both lateral and vertical navigation guidance.

Category list in function of Vat:

Category Vat (km/h) Vat (knot)
Category A IAS < 169 km/h IAS < 91 kt
Category B 169 km/h ≤ IAS < 224 km/h 91 kt ≤ IAS < 121 kt
Category C 224 km/h ≤ IAS < 261 km/h 121 kt ≤ IAS < 141 kt
Category D 261 km/h ≤ IAS < 307 km/h 141 kt ≤ IAS < 166 kt
Category E 307 km/h ≤ IAS < 391 km/h 166 kt ≤ IAS < 211 kt

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in