2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th May 2015, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

AUCET chemistry study material

My brother is doing preparation for the Andhra University Common Entrance Test (AUCET ). He have no idea about his Andhra University Common Entrance Test (AUCET ) chemistry syllabus. Will you please tell me from where I can download its AUCET chemistry syllabus?
Similar Threads
Thread
PTU Study Material
Pdf IAS Study Material
Study Material Of WB TET
MSW Study Material
Study Material for MAH MCA CET
IAS PCS Study Material
Study Material for EKT
Study Material for SAT
IAS ECE Study Material
SSC Study Material
UGC NET MBA Study Material
AUCET Study Material
CGL Study Material
IIT Study Material Chemistry
MDU DDE Study Material
NET Study Material where to get
IAS study material
TET Study Material
DU LLB Study Material
Study Material for CDS
20th February 2016, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

Re: AUCET chemistry study material

Hello sir, I’m going to attempt an entrance exam of AUCET. For this exam I want study material for Inorganic chemistry study material please provides me AUCET Chemistry study material?
20th February 2016, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AUCET chemistry study material

I was not founded any study material of AUCET chemistry paper. For study material you can prefer some books for AUCET exam those are available on your nearest book shop.

Here I’m providing you syllabus of AUCET inorganic chemistry subject may help full for you.

INORGANIC CHEMISTRY

104 – Chemical Sciences

1. s-block elements: General characteristics of groups I & II elements, diagonal relationship between Li & Mg, Be & Al.

2. p-block elements: General characteristics of elements of groups 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17

Group – 13: Synthesis and structure of diborane and higher boranes (B4 H10 and B5 H9 ), boron-nitrogen compounds (B3 N3 H6 and BN and BN)

Group – 14: Preparation and applications of silanes and silicones, graphitic compounds.

Group – 15: Preparation and reactions of hydrazine, hydroxylamine, phosphazenes.

Group – 16: Classifications of oxides based on (i) Chemical behaviour and (ii) Oxygen content. Group – 17: Inter halogen compounds and pseudo halogens

3. Organometallic Chemistry : Definition and classification of organometallic compounds, nomenclature, preparation, properties and applications of alkyls of 1, 2 and 13 group elements.

4. Chemistry of d-block elements: Characteristics of d-block elements with special reference to electronic configuration, variable valence, magnetic properties, catalytic properties and ability to form complexes. Stability of various oxidation states and e.m.f. Comparative treatment of second and third transition series with their 3d analogues. Study of Ti, Cr and Cu traids in respect of electronic configuration and reactivity of different oxidation states.

5. Chemistry of f-lock elements: Chemistry of lanthanides – electronic structure, oxidation states, lanthanide contraction, consequences of lanthanide contraction, magnetic properties, spectral properties and separation of lanthanides by ion exchange and solvent extraction methods. Chemistry of actinides – electronic configuration, oxidation states, actinide contraction, position of actinides in the periodic table, comparison with lanthanides in terms of magnetic properties, spectral properties and complex formation.

6. Theories of bonding in metals: Valence bond theory, Explanation of metallic properties and its limitations, Free electron theory, thermal and electrical conductivity of metals, limitations, Band theory, formation of bands, explanation of conductors, semiconductors and insulators.

7. Metal carbonyls and related compounds – EAN rule, classification of metal carbonyls, structures and shapes of metal carbonyls of V, Cr, Mn, Fe, Co and Ni. Metal nitrosyls and metallocenes (only ferrocene).

8. Coordination Chemistry: IUPAC nomenclature, bonding theories – review of Werner’s theory and Sidgwick’s concept of coordination, Valence bond theory, geometries of coordination numbers 4- tetrahedral and square planar and 6-octahedral and its limitations, crystal filed theory, splitting of d- orbitals in octahedral, tetrahedral and square-planar complexes – low spin and high spin complexes – factors affecting crystal-field splitting energy, merits and demerits of crystal-field theory. Isomerism in coordination compounds – structural isomerism and stereo isomerism, stereochemistry of complexes with 4 and 6 coordination numbers.

9. Spectral and Magnetic Properties of Metal Complexes: Electronic absorption spectrum of [Ti(H O) ]3+ ion. Types of magnetic behavior, spin-only formula, calculation of magnetic moments, 2 6 experimental determination of magnetic susceptibility – Gouy method.

10. Reactivity of metal complexes: Labile and inert complexes, ligand substitution reactions – S 1 and S 2, substitution reactions of square planar complexes – Trans effect and applications of trans effect.

11. Stability of Metal Complexes: Thermodynamic stability and kinetic stability, factors affecting the stability of metal complexes, chelate effect, determination of composition of complex by Job’s method and mole ratio method.

12. Hard and soft acids bases (HSAB): Classification, Pearson’s concept of hardness and softness, application of HSAB principles – Stability of compounds / complexes, predicting the feasibility of a reaction.

13. Bioinorganic Chemistry: Essential elements, biological significance of Na, K, Mg, Ca, Fe, Co, Ni, Cu, Zn and chloride (Cl-). Metalloporphyrins – hemoglobin, structure and function, Chlorophyll, structure and role in photosynthesis.

Here I’m providing you some question paper for AUCET exam:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Question paper AUCET chemistry.pdf (2.99 MB, 230 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in