2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2017, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ATMA AIMS Papers

The question paper for the Logical Reasoning Topic for the AIMS examination conducted by ATMA is as given below:

1. The positions of the first and the fourth letters of the word PLANET are interchanged; similarly, the positions of the second and fifth letters and third and sixth letters are interchanged. In the new arrangement thus formed, how many letters are there between the letter which is second from the right and the letter which is fourth from the left according to the English alphabetical order?
(A) None
(B) One
(C) Two
(D) Three

2. The positions of how many alphabets will remain unchanged if each of the alphabets in the word WORTHY is arranged in alphabetical order from left to right?
(A) None
(B) One
(C) Two
(D) Three

3. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word REASON, each of which has as many letters between them in the word (in both forward and backward directions) as they have between them in the English alphabetical series?
(A) None
(B) One
(C) Two
(D) Three

4. 'Writing' is related to 'Pen' in the same way as _____?
(A) 'Singing' is related to 'Music'
(B) 'Stitching' is related to 'Needle'
(D) 'Dancing' is related to 'Exercise'
(D) 'Carpenter' is related to 'Tools'

5. If it is possible to make only one meaningful word with the second, third, eighth and ninth letters of the word 'CONFLICTED', which would be the second letter of the word from the left? If more than one such word can be formed, give 'II: as the answer. If no such word can be formed, give 'z' as your answer.
(A) A
(B) T
(C) 0
(D) N

6. In a class of 42 children, Joseph's rank is sixteenth from the top. Kevin is seven ranks below Joseph. What is Kevin's rank from the bottom?
(A) 22nd
(B) 20th
(C) 19th
(D) 23rd

Directions (Q.7 to 11): Each of the questions below consists of a question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. You have to decide whether the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Read both the statements and give answer -

(A) If the data in statement 1 alone are sufficient to answer the question, while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question. OR If the data in statement II alone are sufficient, to answer the question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the question

(B) If the data either in statement I alone or in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the question

(C) If the data even in both statements I and II together are not sufficient to answer the question

(D) If the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to answer the question

7. How is 'party' coded in the language?
I. 'going to a party' is coded as 'la fa qu tu' and 'for a party' is coded as 'fa me tu'.
II. 'start the party' is coded as 'tu co ra' and 'going to start' is coded as 'qu co la'.

8. On which day of the week is Priya definitely travelling?
I. Amita correctly remembers that Priya is travelling after Tuesday but before Saturday. Rohit correctly
remembers that Priya is travelling before Friday but after Monday.
II. Priya does not travel on a Friday.

9. How is P related to A ?
I. A is the daughter of M and the sister of S.
II. K is the son of P and the husband of M.

10. Four movies are screened from Monday to Thursday (one on each day starting on Monday and ending on Thursday). viz-Crash, Social Network, Ice Age and Notting Hill. On which day is the movie Crash screened ?
I. Social Network is screened on the last day.
II. Neither Tee Age nor Notting Hill are screened on Monday.

11. Who sits to the immediate right of Ayesha ?
I. Four friends-Shraddha, Tania, Vilma and Ayesha are sitting around a circular table facing the centre.
II. Shraddha sits second to the right of Tania. Vilma is an immediate neighbour of Shraddha.

Directions (Q.12 to 16 ): Study the following information and answer the questions given below.
Eight people - S, R, N, L, M, T, 0 and P are sitting in a circle facing the centre. All eight belong to different professions - reporter; doctor, cricketer, teacher, accountant, shopkeeper, painter and supervisor. They are not necessarily seated in the mentioned order. M is sitting third to the left of 0. The doctor is to the immediate right of M and M is not a reporter: R is sitting fourth to the right of P. Neither R nor P is an immediate neighbour of M. T is a teacher and is sitting third to the right of the doctor. The shopkeeper is sitting second to the left of the teacher. The painter is sitting second to the left of M. S the cricketer is sitting exactly between T and P. The accountant is sitting second to the right of the cricketer. N is sitting third to the left of T.

12. Who amongst the following is a reporter?
(A) 0
(B) L
(C) N
(D) R

13. What is S's position with respect to R?
(A) Third to the right
(B) Second to the right
(C) Third to the left
(D) Second to the left

14. How many people are sitting between P and N when counted in an anti-clockwise direction from N?
(A) One
(B) Two
(C) Three
(D) Four

15. Four of the following five pairs are alike in a certain way based on their positions in the above arrangement and so form a group. Which of the following does not belong to the group?
(A) Teacher - Painter
(B) Supervisor - Shopkeeper
(C) Cricketer - Reporter
(D) Shopkeeper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in