2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2018, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Re: Assam University of Science and Technology

My sister has completed 12th class with Science Stream and has taken admission in B.SC Zoology Program at Assam University of Science and Technology. She is searching for syllabus of 1st year course, so someone is here who will give complete syllabus of B.SC Zoology 1st Year Course of Assam University of Science and Technology?
14th May 2018, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Assam University of Science and Technology

The Assam Science and Technology University was established in 2010.

The University is approved by UGC.

The University offers B.SC Course with many disciplines.

Disciplines for B.Sc Course:
Bachelor of Science (Applied Physics)
Bachelor of Science (Electronic Science)
Bachelor of Science(Zoology)
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
Bachelor of Science (Chemistry)

As you are looking for detailed syllabus of 1st Year B.SC Zoology Course offered by Assam Science and Technology University, so here I am providing syllabus:

Assam Science and Technology University B.SC Zoology 1st Year Syllabus:

Theory:
BZY171101 Cell Biology
BZY171102 Chemistry - I
BZY171103 Animal Physiology & Endocrinology
HS161104 English Communication & Technical Writing
BZY171105 Biotechnology - I
Practical:
BZY171116 Zoology Lab I
BZY171115 Biotechnology Lab - I
BZY171112 Chemistry Lab - I

BZY171101 Cell Biology

Topics Course Content
1. Cell Diversity of cell size and shape.
2. Cell theory Cell theory.
3. Types of cell Structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
4. Protoplasm Physical and chemical properties of protoplasm.
5. Plasma membrane Structure of plasma membrane, its modifications and Functions, Cell junctions: Occluding junctions (Tight junctions), Anchoring junctions (desmosomes), Communicating junctions (gap junctions) and Plasmodesmata
6. Chromosome Chromosome- structure and functions, Chromosomal DNA and its packaging
7. Cell cycle Cell division - Cell division cycles. Mechanics of cell cycle,
Regulation of cell cycle; Signaling molecules and their receptors.
8. Cell organelle Ultra structure and function of Mitochondria, Golgi bodies,
Endoplasmic reticulum, Ribosome, Lysosome.
9. Cytoskeleton Cytoskeleton: Structure and function of centriole, Microtubules and Microfilaments - structure and dynamics.
10. Cilia and flagella Cilia and flagella- Structure and cell movement. 4
11. Apoptosis and Cancer Extrinsic (Death Receptor) Pathway and Intrinsic (Mitochondrial)
Pathway; Growth and development of tumors and Metastasis

BZY171102 Chemistry - I
Hydrocarbons I:

(a). Introduction to classification and nomenclature of organic compounds on the basis of their functional groups
(b). Alkanes : Preparation (Wurtz, Kolbe, Corey-House reactions) and their properties and reactions. Homolytic bond fission. Free radical generation and reactivity. Photochlorination of alkanes.
(c). Cycloalkanes : preparation of cyclopropane,cyclobutane, cyclopentane, cyclohexane. Strain theory and stability. Reactions of cyclopropane.Conformations of cyclohexane, disubstituted cyclohexane. Free rotation of σ-bonds, rotamers of n-butane, their nomenclature and stability.
(d). Alkenes : Preparation (elimination of alkyl halides, alcohols, Wittig reaction, pyrolysis of esters). Reactions of alkenes. π-diastereomerism, stability and interconversion. Markownikov and Zaitzeff rule. Mechanism of electrophilic addition reaction.
(e). Alkynes and alkadienes : Preparation, properties, reactions of alkynes (ethyne, propyne, butyne as example). Addition reactions of alkynes with polar reagents, ozonolysis, catalytic hydrogenation (Lindlars catalyst). Preparation of 1,3-butadiene and isoprene. 1,2- and 1,4-addition of conjugated dienes.

Hydrocarbons II
(a). Reactive intermediates: carbocations and carbanions their shape, generation, stability and reactions Stereochemistry : Classification geometrical (simple examples involving alkenes,
cis-trans and E-Z nomenclature) optical and conformational isomers. Basic concepts of erythro and threo isomers, asymmetry, enantiomerism, diastereomerism, dissymmetry, meso structures. Chirality and prochirality. Racemization, racemic mixtures, resolution of racemic mixtures. D-L and R-S notation.
(b). Alkyl halides and 1,2-dihalides : Preparation, properties and reactions of alkyl halides. Mechanism of SN1 and SN2 reactions, E1 and E2 reactions. Effect of solvent, substrate and other factors on the mechanism. Substitution vs elimination. Conversion of alkyl halides to
alcohols, ethers, amines, thioethers and thiols. Preparation and synthetic uses of Grignard reagent. Unit

Hydrocarbon III
(a). Preparation and synthetic uses of diazomethane, ketene. (b). Aromatic hydrocarbons : IUPAC nomenclature. Aromaticity. Preparation and reactions of benzene. Mechanism of electrophilic aromatic substitution. Activation, deactivation and directive influence of groups. Conversion of benzene to its derivatives and vice versa. Preparation and properties of
naphthalene, anthracene.

Atomic structure
Idea of de Broglie matter waves, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, atomic orbitals, Schrdinger wave equation, significance of and 2 , quantum numbers, radial and angular wave functions and probability distribution curves, shapes of s, p, and d orbitals. Aufbau and Pauli’s exclusion principles, Hund’s multiplicity rules. Electronic configurations of the elements, effective nuclear charge and shielding or screening effect.

Download complete syllabus by this attachment………….

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in