2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ASC Lucknow University

University Of Lucknow or Lucknow University (LU) is a type of public research university.
It was formed in the year 1921.
It is situated in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India.
It is affiliated by UGC.
As you have asked about the Academic Staff College (ASC) of Lucknow University, I am giving you information about it
The main aim of the ASC is to facilitate quality and relevance of Higher Education through upgradation of knowledge and skills of teachers working in the higher education system (teachers serving in College and in the University departments).

An added advantage of such a system is that it serves as a platform for interaction and with eminent resource persons, scholars from their respective disciplines and other disciplines.
It was formed in the year 1986.
The ASCs conduct Orientation Programmes (OP) and Refresher Courses (RC) regularly besides seminars and workshops in different areas of higher education.

It is aimed at orienting teachers in those general areas which are considered essential input for making better teachers but are not included in the curriculum of regular UG and PG and other level syllabus and courses.

OP is of 4 week duration having 24 working days of 8 hour duration (6 hours for lectures and 2 hours for interaction) having a total of 144 contact hours.
RC is of 3 week duration having 18 working days of 8 hour duration (6 hours for lectures and 2 hours for interaction) having a total of 108 contact hours.

University of Lucknow
Address UGC Academic Staff College,
University of Lucknow,
79, Badshah Bagh,
Gokaran Nath Road,
Lucknow (U.P.). INDIA
Pin Code 226007
Telephone No. (+91) (0522) 2740848,
Fax. No. (+91) (0522) 2740540 (Office)
28th August 2021, 09:04 PM
Dr. B. Devan

Re: ASC Lucknow University