2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th August 2015, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Annamalai University RTI Act

As you want Manual of RTI Act of Annamalai University, 2005 so I am providing you the same in the attachment but I am putting out some of the content.

The Right to Information Bill, 2005 as passed by the Houses of Parliament received the assent of the President of India on 15th June, 2005 and thus the Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act 22 of 2005) has come into force.

The provisions of sub-section (1) of section 4, sub section (1) and (2) of section 5, section2 12, 13, 15, 16, 24, 27 and 28 of the Act came into force at once and the remaining provisions of Act came into force on the 12th October, 2005.

The Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act 22 of 2005) has been enacted to provide for setting out a practical regime of the right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of Public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every Public authority. To provide information to citizens who desire to have it and contain corruption and to hold Government and their instrumentalities accountable to the governed keeping in mind the preservation of confidentiality of sensitive information.

The Public, Officers and Staff of organizations under the administrative control of Public Department will be the users of this Hand Book.

The organization of the information in this Hand Book is given Chapter-wise in the index.

Public Information Officers i.e., all the Under Secretaries to Government, Public Department, Secretariat, Chennai-9. The Deputy Secretary to Government (Law & Order) is the Public Information Officer in respect of Law and Order Wing.

G.O.Ms.No.989, Public (Estt.I & Leg.) Dept., Dated:07.10.2005.

a) Every application for obtaining information under sub-section

(1) of the section 6 of the Act shall be accompanied by an application fee of Rs.10/- by way of cash or Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque payable in the head of account “0075.00 Miscellaneous General Services – 800. Other receipts – BK. Collection of fees under Tamil Nadu Right to Information (Fees) Rules 2005” (DPC 0075 00 800 BK 0006). The applicant may also remit the fee under the above head of account in the Treasury / Pay and Accounts Office / State Bank of India / Reserve Bank of India and produce the chalan to the Public Information Officer as an evidence for having remitted the fee. Court fee stamp can be affixed now. Court Fee Stamp can be affixed now.

b) For providing the information under sub-section (1) of section 7 of the Act, a fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque payable in the above head of account, at the following rates:-

i) Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
ii) Actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
iii) Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
iv) For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour, and a fee of rupees five for each one hour (or fraction thereof) thereafter.

c) For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque payable in the above head of account, at the following rates:

i) for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
ii) for information provided in printed form, at the price fixed for publication. Persons below the poverty line are exempted from the payment of fee mentioned in the above para for seeking information under the Right to Information Act, 2005. The list of persons below the poverty line as approved by the Gram Panchayat and local bodies will be the basis for claiming the concessions and the certified extract of the list will be sufficient to avail this concession.

These are some Rules mentioned below:

All India Service Conduct Rules
High Court Judges (Conditions of Service) Act
Secretariat Office Manual
Business Rules and Secretariat Instructions
Protocol Manual
Tamil Nadu House Manual
Political Pension – “Who is Who” (3 volumes)
Law Officer – High Court Standing Orders Part I & II
Warrant of Precedence
Law & Order – P.S.O. 150(3) & 151
Commission of Inquiries Act
State Human Rights Commission Tamil Nadu (Procedure)
Regulation, 1997
Tamil Nadu Properties (Prevention of Damage and Loss) Act

You can get copy of Rules and Regulations from the concerned Public Information Officer of the Public Department.

Here is the attachment of RTI Act.

Address:

Annamalai University
Annamalai Nagar
Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu 608002

[MAP]Annamalai University Chidambaram, Tamil Nadu[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Manual of Annamalai University RTI Act 2005.pdf (1.43 MB, 928 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in