2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2018, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Re: Anna University Numerical Methods Syllabus

I am student of Anna University and from here doing engineering degree searching for some engineering notes of this university. Will you please provide me Anna University Numerical Methods Subject Syllabus so that I get to know list of topics to study well for exam ?
14th May 2018, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna University Numerical Methods Syllabus

Anna University is a state technical university in Tamil Nadu, India.

The main campus is in Guindy.

Syllabus:

MA6459 NUMERICAL METHODS SYLLABUS REGULATION 2013
UNIT I SOLUTION OF EQUATIONS AND EIGENVALUE PROBLEMS
Solution of algebraic and transcendental equations - Fixed point iteration method Newton Raphson method- Solution of linear system of equations - Gauss elimination method Pivoting - Gauss Jordan method Iterative methods of Gauss Jacobi and Gauss Seidel - Matrix Inversion by Gauss Jordan method - Eigen values of a matrix by Power method.

UNIT II INTERPOLATION AND APPROXIMATION
Interpolation with unequal intervals - Lagrange's interpolation Newtons divided difference
interpolation Cubic Splines - Interpolation with equal intervals - Newtons forward and backward difference formulae.

UNIT III NUMERICAL DIFFERENTIATION AND INTEGRATION
Approximation of derivatives using interpolation polynomials - Numerical integration using Trapezoidal, Simpsons 1/3 rule Rombergs method - Two point and three point Gaussian quadrature formulae Evaluation of double integrals by Trapezoidal and Simpsons 1/3 rules.

UNIT IV INITIAL VALUE PROBLEMS FOR ORDINARY DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Single Step methods - Taylors series method - Eulers method - Modified Eulers method - Fourth order Runge-Kutta method for solving first order equations - Multi step methods - Milnes and Adams- Bash forth predictor corrector methods for solving first order equations.

UNIT V BOUNDARY VALUE PROBLEMS IN ORDINARY AND PARTIAL DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
Finite difference methods for solving two-point linear boundary value problems - Finite difference techniques for the solution of two dimensional Laplaces and Poissons equations on rectangular domain One dimensional heat flow equation by explicit and implicit (Crank Nicholson) methods One dimensional wave equation by explicit method.

Anna University
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600025, India

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in